ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question about the Equinox 800......Has anyone seen any advertised prices for the extra coils? I am trying to figure out if I should wait for the Equinox to come out or order a Deus. Cost will be a big factor in my decision and I want to be able to look at the long term cost of ownership. I want to figure out not only up front cost, but also cost to upgrade the arsenal.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prices have not been released on the coils by Minelab and I haven't seen and prices on any of the forums.

OP
OP
L

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH- Thanks. I have looked, but had not found anything about coil prices. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Based on the relatively modest ( for Minelab) prices of the Equinox and new
Pinpointers, it would make sense that the prices of accessory coils would be
In line with that. I would guess the cost of either coil might be under$200 each.
Later aftermarket ones from coiltek
Would likely be more expensive.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seeing how the coils are not wireless like the dues you would think they would be no more than $250 . The $899 price for the 800 is a manufactures suggested price .It depends on the dealer for actual pricing . I would think you could get the 800 and the six inch coil for less than a deus . I bought my deus new for $1400 ws4 9 inch coil and remote .

Super light weight , detachable remote and wireless coil has its advantages over the minelab . You are not crawling under a porch or going in tight places with the minelab .The deus hits pretty darn deep being a solid VDI at ten inches on a silver dime . I will be watching the minelab as if it is what they say it is , it will have its place and I will be picking one up . I am not running out asap to get one . I will wait for CD to pick one up and do some vids for all to see .

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to see more info (cost, availability) on the smaller coil as I always add the smaller coil to my detectors.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have a clue what the extra coil prices are going to be, but minelab did say they are supposed to release the same time as the detector. I put in a pre-order for both coils with the 800, so I guess I'll find out when the dealer sends me a bill closer to ship date, LOL

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Deus sucked a 1/4 piece of brass and a CW cuff button at about 12". Button was fine, but that junk brass at a foot was tiresome. I could be measuring off a little, but the pinpointer got swallowed in the hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread