Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Minelab Equinox Video

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand Scoop Garrett AT Pro
    1174 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

New Minelab Equinox Video

This just posted to youtube 10 hours ago. It's pretty informative.

RustyGold and TnDigger0083 like this.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

RW
    us
    Ron

Feb 2007
    Fort Worth'ish
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
    137 times
    Cache Hunting
    Sweet. If the IQ technology can consistently ID or reject aluminum, I'll take two.
    Wrecka likes this.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    275 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks for posting the video! How does this machine compare to the ctx?

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand Scoop Garrett AT Pro
    1174 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Great question. I have the ctx and excal. I also ordered the equinox for the weight and as another backup machine. Will it be my go to machine? Who knows only time will tell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BrettCo124 likes this.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    275 times

New Minelab Equinox Video

Equinox looks and sounds amazing. I️ think minelab did an awesome job on it just from what Iíve seen. Iím about to pull the trigger on the ctx because Iíve been told itís in a league of its own. The equinox, although going to be an amazing machine, is no ctx just from technology alone. What do you think?
    Last edited by BrettCo124; Nov 09, 2017 at 07:00 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD SE, F70, 1280X Aquanaut, & Fisher F2 (loaner) Have had a TC 1023, Fisher F4, Whites Classic ID II, BH LRP, Tesoro Lobo, F75, & XP Deus.
    13827 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I'm a Fisher guy, but this detector has piqued my interest unlike the Nokta Impact or the AT Max.
    RustyGold likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Feb 2017
    Pa
    845 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    I'm a Fisher guy, but this detector has piqued my interest unlike the Nokta Impact or the AT Max.
    Same here. That price is tempting for an all terrain unit and all the other features.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

us
    Low and Slow

Sep 2017
    Southwest Washington
    XP DEUS Garrett AT Pro with 4” Sniper & 5x8 Whites DFX Tesoro Golden ĶMax
    157 times
    I would love to see a depth test in normal conditions NOT an air test.

The XP Deus is a MONSTER on depth when it comes to coil to depth ratio. Meaning 9” coil goes way deeper then 9”.
    Looks like Minelab marketing guys working with research tried to make it look very similar to XP Deus. The control panel is more rectangular than any of their previous models which are more equilateral. And they also address the weight issue which XP Deus is King in currently

This is not sour grapes from an XP Deus owner since I have used Minelab in the past just an observation.

I do love the waterproof aspect of it. Since I detect shallow waters and rivers 8 think it will b a superior machine over the current AT Pro I use.
    RustyGold and Loco-Digger like this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

us
    Jul 2012
    Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
    Minelab X-terra 705, Teknetics Omega 8000, Minelab Safari
    807 times
    All -- esp.Colonial
    I heard that Brandon Neice the guy doing the video says its like the CTX and The Deus had a baby and named
    It equinox

us
    Oct 2009
    5885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterscoop View Post
    I would love to see a depth test in normal conditions NOT an air test.

The XP Deus is a MONSTER on depth when it comes to coil to depth ratio. Meaning 9” coil goes way deeper then 9”.
    Looks like Minelab marketing guys working with research tried to make it look very similar to XP Deus. The control panel is more rectangular than any of their previous models which are more equilateral. And they also address the weight issue which XP Deus is King in currently

This is not sour grapes from an XP Deus owner since I have used Minelab in the past just an observation.

I do love the waterproof aspect of it. Since I detect shallow waters and rivers 8 think it will b a superior machine over the current AT Pro I use.

there was a video released by a russian tester a few weeks ago that showed some really impressive depths. Of course, we will have to see it with our own soils and own EQs to verify.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC
    XP Deus Sovereign GT
    3633 times
    Nice to see one submerged and at the beach. On one graphic it shows a ring symbol in the high conductor range. I thought that a gold ring was a low conductor?

us
    Oct 2009
    5885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Nice to see one submerged and at the beach. On one graphic it shows a ring symbol in the high conductor range. I thought that a gold ring was a low conductor?
    not a silver ring. the picture doesnt say "gold"

PLus, some large gold rings, like a mens class ring will ring up as high as zinc cents

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by relicmeister View Post
    I heard that Brandon Neice the guy doing the video says its like the CTX and The Deus had a baby and named
    It equinox
    Do you think this really will outperform the ctx? Iím pretty much in the worst position right now In buying a new machine. I️ have the money for the ctx. I️ want the ctx. But now the equinox is here, Iím not really getting the best answer to my question (not anyoneís fault - we donít have the physical proof yet) of whether the equinox is BETTER In performance than the ctx.

Completely understand that we donít have the unit to test yet, but we do know the specs and the data needed to make a good determination. Would love to know. Planning to purchase the ctx on Monday and it comes with a 17Ē coil plus completely fixed from the leak issues it had in the past.

The equinox is insanely tempting, unfortunately I️ do not know enough about these machines to make a true determination on my own.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Deus XP, AT Pro, Racer 2, Ace 400
    2200 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettCo124 View Post
    Do you think this really will outperform the ctx? I’m pretty much in the worst position right now In buying a new machine. I️ have the money for the ctx. I️ want the ctx. But now the equinox is here, I’m not really getting the best answer to my question (not anyone’s fault - we don’t have the physical proof yet) of whether the equinox is BETTER In performance than the ctx.

Completely understand that we don’t have the unit to test yet, but we do know the specs and the data needed to make a good determination. Would love to know. Planning to purchase the ctx on Monday and it comes with a 17” coil plus completely fixed from the leak issues it had in the past.

The equinox is insanely tempting, unfortunately I️ do not know enough about these machines to make a true determination on my own.
    Winter is nearly upon us, why buy a new detector now [that you'd have to wait months for anyhow] and burn away warranty for 5 months as it sits waiting for spring ?
    I understand $$ burning a hole in the pocket, but it seems to me it would be well worth the wait to wait for reviews.

Unless they are planning to retire the 3030, safe to say it is not going to come close to its performance. So far alls we really have are salesman pitches and glowing Minelab aficionado predictions - It is doubtless an interesting detector with lots of potential, many [including myself] are speculating that it will be intentionally hobbled in some major ways [depth, target ID] so as not to compete with their flagship models Etrac and 3030. [For instance, it has only 40 units of resolution on the VDI, compared to 100 that is standard on even low end detectors like the Ace 400]

Don't want to post direct links to other forums, google up "dankowski equinox" and see what you can find for other opinions.
    BrettCo124 likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    5885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettCo124 View Post
    Do you think this really will outperform the ctx? I’m pretty much in the worst position right now In buying a new machine. I️ have the money for the ctx. I️ want the ctx. But now the equinox is here, I’m not really getting the best answer to my question (not anyone’s fault - we don’t have the physical proof yet) of whether the equinox is BETTER In performance than the ctx.

Completely understand that we don’t have the unit to test yet, but we do know the specs and the data needed to make a good determination. Would love to know. Planning to purchase the ctx on Monday and it comes with a 17” coil plus completely fixed from the leak issues it had in the past.

I understand your frustration. Here is my recommendation: Call one of the sponsor-dealers here. talk to them ON THE PHONE and ask for the best price on the CTX. You will get a great detector for less than MSRP, PLUS you get a free 17" coil. Then use it while you wait for reviews on the EQ. If you think youd rather have the EQ later, sell the coil and CTX separately on ebay. most fleebay buyers dont know you can get a CTX below advertised price, so you can sell it as newly-used for what you paid for it new. Then you sell the coil and its all gravy. Plenty-O-money to buy your EQ in the spring.
    BrettCo124 and ltd063 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links