Spring, Tx Public Places?

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Visiting the Grandkids in Spring, TX this week for Thanksgiving. I had a “Treasure Hunt” in their front yard last time and they were jazzed. Time to move to bigger grounds. Brought my AT Pro with sniper coil. Can I legally detect in the city parks and public schools? Also want to try The Woodlands where I’m staying with Mom. Thanks for any info you can provide!!!!

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"Spring Texas" is just a a geographic designation, right ? Not the name of an incorporated town, eh ? But let's just make it simple: It is I .... yes I ... that own the entire Springs, TX area. As such: I authorize you to metal detect at the parks and schools.

So long as I haven't posted a "no md'ing" sign. And as long as you're not tromping on any of my historic sensitive monuments. And be discreet . Eg.: no waltzing through ball games or over beach blankets. No going during school hours, being in the middle of deep retrievals when busy-bodies are out and about, etc.... If you stay within those parameters, you have my say-so. You're welcome.

Oh, and you must send me 30% of your finds (I accept paypal). :)

OP
OP
TxAg

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Mom enjoyed your reply Tom!

OP
OP
TxAg

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a short (1 hour) hunt with the Grands this morning at a very small neighborhood play ground. Had a great time with them, found 10-12 clad coins and a brass house key. 4 neighborhood kids showed up and joined right in, LOL. Took Grands to Denny’s along with my daughter and son-in-law. Grandson (5 yrs old) asks “G-Pa, can we go metal detecting again tomorrow?”, LOL! He says best treasure was the old key!!!! Taking them again Friday along with G-Ma. Too much fun!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
And..... whudduya know: no arrests, no tickets. Ok, send me my 30% cut. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread