Why is it so hard to kick dirt back in the hole?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt three homesites in a crop field along a pretty busy road. It is public land,and I am sure I have been seen there many times by passerbuys so all I can do is vent. Went there today........about 25 open holes:BangHead: I have hunted this for the last 4 years with my Etrac and Deus and have not dug that many targets the last 5 trips combined??? If you want to dig every signal fine...........but fill your damn holes, even if it is a field:BangHead:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain, I went to hunt a closed school a couple years ago during the Christmas holiday season. Some yahoo must have got a detector from Santa. I spent the first 20 minutes picking up the trash left beside each hole and even had to fill in the holes. Some people just don't care. Their carelessness has detrimental effects on our pursuit of this hobby.

Loco, same thing happened to me last year, had mild weather and went out the day after xmas to an old school I rarely hit only when I'm bored or have a limited amount of time, and found about 2 dozen HORRENDOUS plugs..grass dead, holes open and every bit of can slaw was sitting on the ground beside the plug. I knew it was a newbie bcoz they missed half their targets. I spent the majority of my time their trying to repair what someone else destroyed. Went to another spot and when I pulled up, there was father and son detecting..all fine except Dad had a full-sized shovel..ugh. I passed on detecting there but did show Dad my hand digger and my pinpointer and informed him of detecting rights and responsibilities. He seemed genuinely interested and thanked me for the info. Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread