Greenie
Dec 24, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys and girls,
I own a 20 acre mining claim up in the hills of trabuco canyon southern California.
Next weekend or weekend after I want to go run my gold bug 2 over it. If it rains I will pan and run a sluice.

I'm looking to find someone with similar equipment who will join me.
All family and friends keep brushing me off and I don't want to go alone mainly because it's isolated and would be safer.
There is a 1 mile hike so you will need to be relatively fit. From there I believe the good gold/ heavies will be down the bottom of river bed which will require some serious rock hopping about 300ft.
Things you will need-
Own metal detector
Snake boots
Own water and food
Tools and what ever else you want to carry.
And yellow fever!

There is very little phone service. I carry a HAM uhf radio. Although the ranger told me he has not had reports of cats in that area I take spray and a pistol with me. If you want to also then be my guest.

I want someone with experience. Happy to share knowledge but don't want to run a tour guide service.
Send me an email about yourself. Include a picture of yourself and some of your gear.
Happy to split what we find. Just need to get out there and enjoy it.
[email protected] received_1576132279082756.jpeg

Don't know why my pic with my pack is upside down. Sorry

Attachments

• 20170412_120331.jpg
    20170412_120331.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brazos

Nov 25, 2017
Near DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
A mix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like fun but over a 1200 miles away also like the uhf idea / 73 and good luck

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! I have been dying to get out west. If you plan on living there for a while, I'm going to ask for my next assignment to be at Fort Irwin. Would love to get after it with you in the future, but it will most definitely be a while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oohhh how I wish I was already retired!!

OP
OP
D

Danhobie

Greenie
Dec 24, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're all welcome to save my email address and look me up if your down this way. The gold is just sitting there waiting for you :)

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're all welcome to save my email address and look me up if your down this way. The gold is just sitting there waiting for you :)

I will absolutely do just that! I'll send a test email as well incase you ever want to just B.S, talk gold, or any other pen/pal type of deal lol. I literally don't have any friends interested in this stuff, so the chats are always nice. Thank goodness for these forums lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions