Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So whats the deal with Kellyco ? Sent them a email yesterday and haven't heard a peep from them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So whats the deal with Kellyco ? Sent them a email yesterday and haven't heard a peep from them.
Why not call them, phone calls take priority over emails?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not call them, phone calls take priority over emails?

I called 2x only got busy signal .I understand their 'busy' .But just a email notification that they got my email ...would be nice...as my computer confirmed my email to them went thru successfully.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've noticed the AT Pro coming down in price too...I'd like to hear from members that have actively used it in 5'-10' of water if you don't mind sharing some stories of ease of use, problems if any and some finds...no need to be specific if you don't want to, just if it does well on gold and silver jewelry, stainless steel and coins. It would be appreciated!

Does it work in Salt Water well? Some reviews I've read were mixed on that topic. Does it do well on land too?

I'd mainly be using it in fresh water, but it would be nice to have on trips where I'm close to beaches and salt water.

I'm looking at a lightly used one...From reading the posts here, I think he is a bit high on price @ $550 compared to what I've seen with two coils, two sets of headphones, one Waterproof. He keeps coming back to what he paid for it. He is wanting a barter for that amount. I've seen these for $300-$350. He has never submerged it he says. I've not seen it.

I love my DFX even though it's older..I have no complaints at all.

Is there anything I should look for as far as problems if I do decide to get it? Outside of corrosion, seals and rings, which I'm guessing that the rubber seals and rings can be replaced.

Thank You,
Kace

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend has an AT PRo and it falses a lot in salt water, if I remember correctly they work better in fresh water. I like the Tesoro Vaquero at about $455.00.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called 2x only got busy signal .I understand their 'busy' .But just a email notification that they got my email ...would be nice...as my computer confirmed my email to them went thru successfully.
If you send me your phone number I will forward it to a sales rep and have them call you Monday.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention, it will be used sometimes in & around water

It always helps to tell us your hunting locations, types of targets you hunt, and price range up front when asking for suggestions. That last post knocks a lot of "general use" detectors out of the running.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that does it :occasion14: .... AT Pro it is ! Thanks for the help guys.Now, to hit the 'boss'/wife with the news.

If you want someone to answer your call and give you great "non bundle" detector deal, I suggest you call Bart at Big boys hobbies.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco is at $552 for the AT and the junk that comes with it. Your really going to want to get the 5 x 8 coil tho.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go with the MX Sport over the AT Pro any day. The MX Sport had a troubled roll out, but now that the kinks have been ironed out you're left with a far more superior machine. Once I got my hands on one I sent the AT Pro packing. It's deeper, quicker, better in iron and far more customizable. I unfortunately have to part with mine for the holidays, but it was a joy to use. I'll be down to just my V3i now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread