Todays find.....hope your sitting down :)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
007.JPG
Two soda cans,7" down in clay,circa 2004 .Back-fill from when my house was built.BUT,I did see a 8pt. Buck

Upvote 0

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least you were able to get out and hunt. Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Schmoikies!

I call such things "paying your dues."

Keep digging!

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The moral if the story.Go deer hunting with a MD.:occasion14:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR - you got me on that one!

So you use old cheap detectors, they can be made to be very, very good. The White's 6000D and similar units can be super tuned by using very small amounts of 'metal dust' (held in a penny balloon or some other holder so the dust is all in one tight spot). With these test samples (dust of: cast iron, refined steel, from a silver dime, from a nickel (this will suffice as gold but if you have some old gold you can file down then do that as well), from a penny, from ammunition brass, etc. AS these are all common metals you will come across out there and you want to learn how your detector reacts to them. With all the filtering knobs turned to zero or off begin testing your samples to hear how they sound: high, low, warbly, broken, etc. and write all of these results down. then begin to start using your filters to learn where these metals break up or blank out and mark your filter settings. Somewhere in the foil area you will blank out the metal Nickel and hence gold. The outcome of all this testing and identifying on the detector with little triangles of colored tape will allow you to detect with all filters at zero, once you hit a target your flip a switch or turn a knob, wave the coil over the ground for the result, flip another switch and turn a knob, wave the coil and you will know what metal is under your coil. Work with this as it is valuable to super-tune your machine..................63bkpkr

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey it looks like you are poaching my spot!!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing wrong with old cheap ones. 😁 A friend and I had a friendly competition once and each staked out the same amount of ground to hunt. My Whites 6DB beat his AT Pro by almost a dozen coins. 😉

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions