Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I need some direction...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2016
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I need some direction...

Good morning, long story short, I had to sell my machine and all accessories because real life happened, well I'm in the market for a new machine. I had a Whites Treasure Master. I'm looking to upgrade to a machine that will last me a long time. My budget is about $450 for the machine, accessories will come later. I'm looking for advice on what machines to look at. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    1826 times
    lots of good machines out there, what type of hunting do you do? also would you consider used?

Nov 2016
    2 times
    I mainly do coin and relic hunting. I tend to stick to fields and wooded areas. And no a good used machine does not bother me at all.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, White's Eagle ll SL90, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 720i, TRX
    4284 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If you like a meter, look at the Fisher F19 if you want a new machine. A used F75 would be a good choice too, as well as a used White's XLT. If you want a detector without a display, take a look at some of the new Tesoro models. Minelab makes some nice machines too, but, probably more than your budget unless you get lucky on a good used one.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Feb 2017
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Garrett AT pro/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
    640 times
    Metal Detecting
    You can buy a used minelab xterra or even an Etrac Iíve seen For $500 or less so your close. Fisher f70 and Teknetics T2 are in that range as well.

Etrac slams silver so Iím biased! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    Greensboro NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer Have owned Minlab E-trac, Tesoro Tejon, BH-505 Whites 6000 Di Garrett ADS 2,3 and 7
    1329 times
    The Makro Racer comes in at 499 new. you can find them used for much less.
    A yard a day keeps the blues away!

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    222 times
    It’s no secret that the guys using FBS powered machines tend to have the highest coin counts when it comes to deep turf silver. However,with you marching through fields and snaking through the woods,I couldn’t recommend one because you likey don’t want to be trying to maneuver that kind of weight around obstacles all day. You’ll get all kinds of recommendations but keep in mind you’ll probably want something on the lighter side. If you’re looking for something that will see everything and see deep,maybe a used Tesoro Vaquero...

Feb 2017
    Pa
    977 times
    Used I'd say fisher f75. Only a DST unit

Garrett AT Pros can be had cheap.

Tesoro vaquero, or tejon.

us
    Tired Rooster

Nov 2011
    Alabama
    Minelabs and Tesoros Several of them....
    530 times
    Several machines can fit your criteria. As stated above the Tesoro Vaquero would be an excellent choice if you didn't have to have a target display. A new one fits your stated budget. It is a very capable machine. Very well built and carries a lifetime warranty. But again, thats just one of many options. Good luck to you.
    3cylbill likes this.
    ​Deo Vindice

us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    Southwest Washington
    CTX 3030 w/ stock & 6”,17”coils XP DEUS with 9” & 11” coils Garrett AT Pro with 4” Sniper & 5x8 Garret Carrot Whites DFX Tesoro Golden ĶMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    468 times
    I second the Minelab with FBS if you are a coin shooter. E-Trac is a great machine that can be head used for around $500.
    I have seen several detectorists sell their CTX3030 and keep their E-Trac

Yes it’s not a super light machine however the FBS technology will yield you more silver.

Name:  B80D751F-FB2E-445C-96AE-632EC01AD89F.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  69.5 KB
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    6581 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    I just bought another Tesoro Vaquero, it was $450. Comes with a big coil and LOVES relics.
    HighVDI and 3cylbill like this.

us
    Jul 2008
    SC
    Minelab Sov- AT PRO - Notka Relic - XP Deus - Garrett ATX
    570 times
    A T Pro

Nov 2016
    2 times
    I should specify that I am a new digger, only went out a handful of times with my treasure master and that I am going to need to get all new equipment, i.e pin pointer, shovel, pouch, headphones etc, I would like to keep the machine to something easy to learn and maybe around $300 so that I can buy the other stuff, I'm sorry for the confusion or misdirection, as I said I am new to this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    977 times
    Tesoro mojave
    3cylbill likes this.

us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    Southwest Washington
    CTX 3030 w/ stock & 6”,17”coils XP DEUS with 9” & 11” coils Garrett AT Pro with 4” Sniper & 5x8 Garret Carrot Whites DFX Tesoro Golden ĶMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    468 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm_Digger View Post
    I should specify that I am a new digger, only went out a handful of times with my treasure master and that I am going to need to get all new equipment, i.e pin pointer, shovel, pouch, headphones etc, I would like to keep the machine to something easy to learn and maybe around $300 so that I can buy the other stuff, I'm sorry for the confusion or misdirection, as I said I am new to this.

I gave you a suggestion for Minelab earlier I thought you were a lil more experienced.

If you are new the hobby then the Garrett AT PRo is one of the easiest tools for you to jump into the game with it has two modes beginner and advanced. As you get more advanced with time I guarantee that you will change machines for ones that low you to make custom changes more effectively.(I.e. change th pitch of sounds , assign different tones for different targets etc.etc.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	833A19E2-E0B7-4AAB-8348-64B4BD79DD45.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	1524011
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links