looking to upgrade

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
first off i cant afford a minelab 7000 or a 2300 ,,,,,that be my first and second wish ....im waiting to see reviews about minelab 800 which should be soon ......im looking for all around detector thats good for nuggets and waterproof is a plus . maybe a used PI thats not to expensive, im in black sand areas , minelab 705 and fisher f19 are on the cheap end of the rainbow .....has anyone used minelab 800 in the field,,,, any information would be helpful .. ....:treasurechest:

Upvote 0

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
first off i cant afford a minelab 7000 or a 2300 ,,,,,that be my first and second wish ....im waiting to see reviews about minelab 800 which should be soon ......im looking for all around detector thats good for nuggets and waterproof is a plus . maybe a used PI thats not to expensive, im in black sand areas , minelab 705 and fisher f19 are on the cheap end of the rainbow .....has anyone used minelab 800 in the field,,,, any information would be helpful .. ....:treasurechest:
The equinox ships I think on the 18th. I say wait and see what this detector is all about before purchasing anything, because it sound promising. Multifrequency and high frequency is available for gold as well as lower frequencies for higher conductors like. The ability to hunt in all frequencies simultaneously is huge, coupled with waterproof capabilities to 10 feet I believe. And reasonably priced if it is as good as everyone says its going to be. I know I am waiting for reviews to pull the trigger.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
For gold nugget hunting only you might consider the Deus without the remote, with headphones only and outfitted with HF elliptical coil. Should hit the tiny stuff and blow your ears off.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The minelab Equinox 800 is new but I would go for it. If it is anything like the e-trac it will be well worth the money
Go for it

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of any all-around detectors that are also GOOD nugget machines. If you're after gold nuggets, get a machine made for that use.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have numerous Minelabs as well as an DEUS. I
I have found gold with all of them but in the form of jewelry.

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Minelab GoldMonster 1000 about 4 months ago, but I'm going to sell it. I'm just not in the right area for nugget shooting. But like somebody said above, if you're trying to find gold, get a good detector. If you're gonna hunt coins/relics, then get one specifically for that. There's nothing more frustrating than trying coin shoot with a nugget detector, or trying to nugget shoot with a coin shooter lol. Both attempts will be a frustrating failure

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
upgrade

when i talk nugget im talking coin size not shot size :icon_thumleft: my fault

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i was thinking the minelab 800 would work good on coins and large nuggets (coin size ) better then the goldmonster 1000 or the 705 ....is the goldmonster 1000 only good for shot size targets ( never used one ) ......i guess gold comes in all sizes ....large size is rare but im not hunting in georgia

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GoldMonster would be fine for large or small gold. It's just appealing because it picks up on the finer gold thats been missed by other detectors that only see larger. It'll hit big ones...or teeny tiny ones. Especially if you're trying to check out some bedrock cracks and what not.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i talk nugget im talking coin size not shot size :icon_thumleft: my fault

If you have an area to hunt that has coin size nuggets, you need to get a claim and start a mining operation!

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The Minelab Equinox 600 will be $649 operating frequencies 5, 10, 15 kHz & multi. This detector is for coinshooting for those that want deeper accurate IDs in highly mineralized ground, with excellent separation of coins near iron. The gold abilities are secondary, but should get gold items smaller than dimes, as do many detectors.

The Equinox 800 will be $899 operating frequencies 5, 10, 15, 20, 40 kHz and multi. This detector is for coinshooting for those that want deeper accurate IDs in highly mineralized ground, with excellent separation of coins near iron. The gold
abilities are great with the 20 & 40 kHz. Nobody uses 40 KHz as a best coin frequency, and higher frequencies detect tinier items, so it is a serious detector for deep coins and small gold. Best wishes.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your avatar is 666 - these nuggets are in hell? How deep must the detector go?

Chub

Last edited:
OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
where i hunt its worse then hell and nuggets are the last thing on my hunting list .......the 800 i hope is detector the covers all my needs ............even the 7000 not waterproof ,,,,,

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
on the 800......the only info i heard so far is from nevada steve what he wrote so far sounds good ,,,,,where i hunt silver is rare,,,,, gold is the target 95% of the time ,,,, bars , coins , rings , large nuggets,,,,,so the 5 khz ,20 khz and mult freq interest me ....the amount of black sand makes it hard at any freq .....i hear nevada soil is bad dont know if its iron or salt ....i hope someone soon does a test in real soil with a soda can , dollar size coin , zinc penny , bb shot at all 6 different freq ,,,,i dig all targets so depth matters most and getting around the black sand 2nd

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If depth is desired, black sand is your reality, and you dig everything anyway, I would recommend a PI machine.

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
had the same thoughts CUDAMARK but cant afford one my next detector is going to be a minelab and i cant afford a 2300 ....deus would be runner up and if my #1 target wasnt under 3-4 feet of water i get a 705 ....even if someone gave me a 7000 i be afraid to use i,,, u could fall into a river or a rogue wave on the beach it happens ....so i figure the 800 is the one for me ...... no PI ( waterproof ) finds a us nickel deeper then a 800 that costs less as far as i know

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if gold is so plentiful I would think you could afford any machine

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your digging “bars,coins,rings and gold nuggets” 95% of your time you will pay for the PI real quick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread