How many traveling MD'ers are out there??

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
AZ Native. Now travel fulltime across this beautif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am retired and travel full time. I detect every chance I get. Trying to locate places to hunt in new areas all the time can be very challenging and rewarding. I have had the opportunity to visit with and hunt with local MD'ers all over the country. I have met some great people this way.
In was just wondering if there are others on this forum in the same boat?? It would be interesting to communicate with other travellers.

Anyone else travel full or long time??

Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in MS but was in 26 states last summer didn't have time to detect in most of them but did my share, I put on about 15k miles per year traveling and hunt when I can

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD...I was glad to see your post. 1st one in years, and I enjoyed all the pics you posted in the past. Are you still active THing?
Hope you are well. I am considering ret. in Belize, CR, or Panama. 75 now...is it too late to make the move from CA.
Did you ever run into Josh Gates, of Discovery Channels' Expedition Unknown. He was filming with the Texas State Archies after they foung the Encarnacion while looking for Capt. Morgan's ships.

Last edited:

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as I win my millions on the lottery I plan on buying a huge RV and hiring a beautiful female chauffeur, who has a liking for me. Maybe swap out the chauffeur every now and then. I will be the only millionaire out digging pennies on a daily basis. Travelling around, hunting with my Tnet friends from coast to coast.

That's funny because I've thought the same thing, wish I was rich or win the lottery so I could just travel all over and metal detect or treasure hunt. Then the irony occurs to me that I could afford anything, yet I would still want to search for the occasional nice find in the dirt. It would still be a great life and way to spend time though. Seems other detectorists think the same thing too, based on the likes of your post :icon_thumright:

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what me and my wife plan on doing in about 10 years. Sell all this mess, buy a huge RV and travel. I'll be MDing everywhere we go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread