Turning your phone into a metal detector

cyperpc

Nov 18, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;Fisher CZ-21; White Classic IDX Pro; White Classic SL
A team from Ukraine is introducing a Bluetooth metal detector you can use with your iPhone. It’s not a finished product, but a working prototype. However, the team believes they can turn it into a viable niche for treasure hunters and enthusiasts.

This metal detector is a Bluetooth device that uses your iPhone instead of a traditional control block. The team says the control block is the most expensive part of a metal detector. By eliminating it and making it work with your iPhone instead, they hope to make the detector more affordable.

Click here: Air Metal Detectors

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be able to work. What a lot of people don't realize about the Deus is that the coil is the metal detector. The pod, or remote, only sends instructions and receives information. It isn't where the magic happens. It's a much different setup than everyone else, where the important hardware is in the control box. If they can figure out how to get respectable battery life out of a phone I could see it doing very well if a big name bought it up took the project over, which is possibly what they are hoping. To me it's a wonderful idea. It opens up so many possibilities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread