Just got my first two permissions by email!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys well I had to step up my game since my hot spot needed to cool off so while driving in the Historic part of town I keep my eyes open. First I saw that a old house and property that takes up a entire square block and it now had a construction sign on front, so I wrote down the name and decided to email them to see if I could get a permission. The historical maps in my town only goes back to 1935, but it looks a lot older. A WHOLE BLOCK IMG_2153.JPG

Then right around the corner on Main St, which runs through the Historic District, I saw another sign of a Construction company in front of another old building which has a nice grassy section and a old old oak tree on it. The best news is right directly next to it is the oldest major hotel in our town built in 1903.

Both emails said sure go ahead and let us know if you find anything interesting. They both said that, different companies and buildings. Pleasantly surprised. I know what I’m doing this weekend!!!!

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope that goody two-shoes who got you banned form the park does not live close by, if so, expect a visit from the police. I'd print out the emails and keep them on me.

Looks like a great site Truth. Hope you pull a bucket lister or two from that site. GL & HH

Thanks Loco lol I was at the house site no silver there 3 hours started raining. Just wheaties

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new permissions. Hit them soon and hit them hard. Do it before somebody says you need liability insurance.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like against the wind said hit them hard and soon before someone decides that they want to try it or some silly thing. It is great that you got both of those and may be the way your 2018 goes! Hit'em like they're gonna doze them tomorrow! Good Luck and keep the chest full of gold to yourself!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I decided to give Truths method a shot, below is what I sent Monday, haven't heard back as of yet, I have my fingers crossed!

"Hello, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Tom Armstrong and I am a local metal detectorist(I have attached my card). I am retired Navy Captain who took up detecting as a hobby after I retired with 38 years of active service, I live just down the road in Folkstone Estates. I was out scouting locations to metal detect this weekend and noted that 12602 Thompson Rd has been acquired by your company and the current structure will be removed when you begin construction on what looks to be a fabulous house. I am hopeful that you would grant me permission to metal detect the yard and property around the buildings. I look for anything old and enjoy the thrill of finding toys, coins, relics, etc. I always respect the property that I am allowed to search and leave it in the same condition as I found it. I utilize a small garden shovel to cut a small plug to retrieve the target which will leave no noticeable damage to your property. Normally the targets are no deeper than 3 to 5 inches. I assume all responsibility and liability for any accident that may occur while on your property (I can and will sign a waiver to that effect if desired). I also agree to abide by any restrictions or stipulation that you make in regards to accessibility to the area in question and I will not bring anyone else with me.

Thank you for your time and consideration."

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I decided to give Truths method a shot, below is what I sent Monday, haven't heard back as of yet, I have my fingers crossed!

"Hello, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Tom Armstrong and I am a local metal detectorist(I have attached my card). I am retired Navy Captain who took up detecting as a hobby after I retired with 38 years of active service, I live just down the road in Folkstone Estates. I was out scouting locations to metal detect this weekend and noted that 12602 Thompson Rd has been acquired by your company and the current structure will be removed when you begin construction on what looks to be a fabulous house. I am hopeful that you would grant me permission to metal detect the yard and property around the buildings. I look for anything old and enjoy the thrill of finding toys, coins, relics, etc. I always respect the property that I am allowed to search and leave it in the same condition as I found it. I utilize a small garden shovel to cut a small plug to retrieve the target which will leave no noticeable damage to your property. Normally the targets are no deeper than 3 to 5 inches. I assume all responsibility and liability for any accident that may occur while on your property (I can and will sign a waiver to that effect if desired). I also agree to abide by any restrictions or stipulation that you make in regards to accessibility to the area in question and I will not bring anyone else with me.

Thank you for your time and consideration."

Wow that sounds great!!!! Good luck Captain

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent a request out to a construction company working on an old mansion. Still waiting for a response too.......:coffee:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe they’re a little nicer down South or I got extremely lucky. Lol

1) “That sounds okay - just please let me know if you find anything interesting[emoji4]. Lisa Condrey”

2) “The owner has approved for you to run your detector over the site. She would like to know if you find anything interesting. Please coordinate your visit with my business partner Brad Farizo”

Evilpope

Apr 4, 2016
Griffith,In
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350, bounty hunter lone star pro, whites trx pinpointer, Garrett ace 400, Garrett pro pointer 2, Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome I hope you find alot of stuff I wish you the best of luck

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome I hope you find alot of stuff I wish you the best of luck

Well the first one I’m still working found a lot of wheats and a sterling silver knife with design. The second had a lot of fill in mean a lot but I did get some wheats and my first bale seal. Disappointed I did get any old silver coins....

Yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread