chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are all around $750. Waiting for reviews.... I saw the MX at the beach and it didnt do too well in wet sand. I understand the At max also has its limitations in wet sand. The kruzer and Equinox are unknowns. Can the Nokta single frequency perform equally as well as simultaneous multi frequency submerged at the beach? Am I missing something?

I posted this question elsewhere. did the Kruzer kill the impact? Lighter, cheaper, waterproof. Did this infact supercede the rest of the entire Nokta / Makro range? Who would really consider an old nokta fors now with all this choice?

Interesting times right now. Will the xterra range be reduced in price or just fall away?

Chub

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet on the Minelab Equinox 600, and pre-ordered from Keith at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. Looking forward to trying the Kruzer as well!:occasion14:

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would never purchase any detector unless its a Minelab, Whites, Garrett, Fisher or, Tesoro.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never purchase any detector unless its a Minelab, Whites, Garrett, Fisher or, Tesoro.

Is their a reason you would not go with any other brand?

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is their a reason you would not go with any other brand?
Yes, I would rather stick with what is tried and proven to work by a long standing company. I always purchase made in the US if that option is available, with the exception of Minelab. If your not an American and dont live in the US then you dont see the destruction that has happened to our country in the last 30 years or so, and probably have no reason to care. This is going to to wayyyyy off topic so I will leave it at that.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I would rather stick with what is tried and proven to work by a long standing company. I always purchase made in the US if that option is available, with the exception of Minelab. If your not an American and dont live in the US then you dont see the destruction that has happened to our country in the last 30 years or so, and probably have no reason to care. This is going to to wayyyyy off topic so I will leave it at that.

I also try to stick with Made in the USA labels. The Equinox and ProFind 35 are the first time I've been tempted to go outside. I might just give in

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can the Nokta single frequency perform equally as well as simultaneous multi frequency submerged at the beach?

Excluding junk machines, no, a single frequency machine can NOT perform as well as a multifrequency machine if they are running at the same frequency range ... sort of like how someone with one eye cannot judge distances as well as someone with two eyes.

If you want to understand how BFO, PI, VLF, and multifrequency machines work, or perhaps design your own (based no old and basic designs), I recommend reading a book called "Inside the Metal Detector".

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chub, I don't think you're missing a thing right now. I have heard good things about the AT Max. Someone I know who has the AT Pro, Gold and Max said they preferred the Gold the best. That was their opinion. I see you have two good machines right now. Most of the success of finding good items is to get the coil over the item and dig it. If it's not there, you won't dig it. Doesn't matter how many frequencies it has. Or which brand it is. Or which coil you use. Time invested=relics, coins, etc. I have owned Whites, Garretts, Tesoros and an XP Deus. At this stage I only have the Tesoros and the XP Deus. The Tesoros are excellent for relics. You will dig too much junk with them in a park. My Cibola will work in shallow salt water very well. I will never go out deep, due to some really nasty underwater (salt water) hazards out here. I have seen more than one person being carried out of the surf to go to the hospital after stepping on something horrible. You need to decide which will suit your conditions the best. The Deus is great all around. I have found more good stuff with since I purchased it late 2016 than in my entire metal detecting career, all other machines combined. But it might not be good for some applications. If I were looking for meteorites in the desert, I'd get another White's TDI.

My six best, and most expensive items all were shallow and easy targets. The cheapest machine out there, ever, would have found them. My best keeper target was about 24" deep, a small cannon ball. I have dug plenty of deep stuff.

If I were you, I'd just wait a few more months till the unsolicited reviews come in on the new machines. For your conditions, of which I don't know what they are, there may be a better machine for your environment, or not.

And three months after any new machine comes out, there will be some used ones for sale. It's always that way.

You already have good machines. I would also try to demo anything you want to purchase. That's how I got the Deus because I was just not believing the hype from my local dealer, but he was right, it has proven itself to be a great machine.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with waiting for the unsolicited reviews from real people not paid/sponsored “everyday people”

When I say Minelab who’s face do you see?

Now Garrett? How many sponsored people can you name . I say they are the most effective when it come to YouTube Marketing .

I would say that the best review will come from members from within our community. You can pretty much identify the straight shooters here with 100% accuracy.

Cheers

9BB03F89-FC60-4CAB-8CBA-4014D7795D3D.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions