Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Upgrade to the AT Pro, new White’s MX-7, or just keep the Coinmaster GT?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    3491 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi robmenn, I've not read through all the responses but just in case, have you visited the whites detector blog for information on using your current machine? At times there are some very informative "how to use various models" of the whites machines that could include yours, I think it would be likely. They might help you with settings and other detailed Whites specific information as well as the best Whites and possibly other brand coils (Nel) that may work so much better than the stock coils. Also on TNET there is the "Brands" info section that may be of help. In the past I've found the White's blog info to be quite helpful. Best of luck with your search!..................63bkpkr
    pescadore and oldkoot like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    1024 times
    The MX Sport is a good machine and works fine. I had hopes of it being better at the beach but I will need to worry about that later. As far as using in the rain, yes, the Sport is waterproof to 10 feet as long as it has had the White's repair for those with the defective housing that they saw. My 2011 Coinmaster has a raincover that works fine for light rain and if it is pouring, both myself and my pinpointer are going to go in as we will need to stay dry. Me for health reasons, pinpointer as it is not waterproof. I believe that you have several that have given great advice and pescadore and 63bkpkr both had some interesting things to check along with everyone else who has commented. Best just to be sure before spending the money when you may already have what you need.
    devldog and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT PRO Nel Attack Coil
    6339 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I have minelabs and the AT PRO The Minelab does not go any deeper. If you know how to balance the AT PRO The separation is great both good machines the key is getting over the target . The AT PRO is much more simple it all depends on how and what your looking for!!!!!!!
    dsdigger, xr7ator and RustyGold like this.
    This is an addiction!!! There is no cure!!! And it only gets worse!!!!! KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    15787 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Save your money and consider purchasing an Equinox.
    You can keep your current machine or sell it to defray the costs of the Equinox.
    Good luck on your decision.
    devldog and RustyGold like this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Nov 2014
    Long Island, NY
    White’s Coinmaster GT
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by against the wind View Post
    Save your money and consider purchasing an Equinox.
    You can keep your current machine or sell it to defray the costs of the Equinox.
    Good luck on your decision.
    I think this may be the way I end up going. I’m going to at least wait until the reviews start coming to get some more specific feedback on the Equinox 600.
    A2coins, oldkoot, dsdigger and 2 others like this.

us
    Nov 2014
    Long Island, NY
    White’s Coinmaster GT
    36 times
    Thank you to all for your advice. You gave me a lot to think about, really helped me do my research. Well I just wanted to let you know my final decision....I ended up going with the Minelab Equinox 600. I was fortunate enough to get one yesterday from Cabela’s before they sold out. Paid a great price, 617.48, taxes and shipping included. I should have it by next week! Now I’ve got to study the manual. I think there’s definitely going to be a bit of a learning curve as the CMGT was so easy to use. But I really think the Equinox is a good fit for me and will
    go a long way in helping me step up my game in this great hobby. Thanks again for all the input and I’m sure I’ll be seeking it again soon!
    Rob
    devldog and dsdigger like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    832 times
    Relic Hunting
    Best of Luck to you with the new Equinox.
    robmenn likes this.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    923 times
    Metal Detecting
    The Dark Side welcomes another Acolyte. 😈
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    2223 times
    Congrats and good luck!
    robmenn likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234