MD Gear Pack made by someone on these forums

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey A9, a pack is not necessary in my opinion. I gear up at the site and hunt. Heck I don't even have a carrying bag for my current machines. It's just another item to collect dirt and need to be cleaned. The vehicle is never too far away to grab a cold water out of the cooler and to swap out coils when necessary.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks fish1on, that is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Hey A9, a pack is not necessary in my opinion. I gear up at the site and hunt. Heck I don't even have a carrying bag for my current machines. It's just another item to collect dirt and need to be cleaned. The vehicle is never too far away to grab a cold water out of the cooler and to swap out coils when necessary.

Loco, pack might have been a bad term, fish1on posted the link I was looking for. My old infantry habits want me to have everything handy and Freeloader has made a very cool product, literally just what I was looking for :)

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

youd have to use one of those super large hockey bags to haul all your stuff around!!

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
youd have to use one of those super large hockey bags to haul all your stuff around!!

Funny you should say that, my detector came with one. Also I forgot to mention that I HAVE to keep my stuff in a large carrying back because I have a 5 year old son. Anyone that has kids know if it is out and about it’s subject to being broken. LOL

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sometimes my car is miles away, I love to carry out my trash and leave the place better then I found it. The “bag” allows me to do that. I used a back pack before and currently outgrew my Garrett cammo bag.

Carrying out trash is a BIG DEAL for me. I see many sloppy detectorists dig up trash and leave it right next to the hole. Don’t even get me going on uncovered holes.

I think that there are many styles of detecting I prefer a Custom pouch on my hip to carry my tools, cigars and other paraphernalia when I am miles and hours away from my car.

Cheers
F578170E-379F-4024-9535-17C235C746EF.jpeg

Need my “tool” belt

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Pack Mule with some custom additions, it is AWESOME! He makes a very high quality product and was very helpful when I was "designing" my pouch. FIVE STARS!

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the Pack Mule with some custom additions, it is AWESOME! He makes a very high quality product and was very helpful when I was "designing" my pouch. FIVE STARS!

What additions did you make? I am new to MDing and the pack seems like a good idea, but I don't know things of things that I would need/want that would make it easier. Thanks.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What additions did you make? I am new to MDing and the pack seems like a good idea, but I don't know things of things that I would need/want that would make it easier. Thanks.

Read the 15 page post from the beginning and see what members got and why. It was very useful for me when I read it when ordering my setup.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-related-stuff-sale/522894-custom-pouches-sale.html

82C066AA-FFC3-4497-A3DA-5C463B1B91E0.jpeg

For example this was a feature I had to have now for you it may not be so important.

Cheers

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I sent him, "I was thinking along the lines of the one you made for RETIREDFIRE, it had the two zipper pouches on the outside, I would also like and inside zipper pocket, extra grommet drainage holes at bottom and an extra "D" ring. I am pumped about your product and ready to proceed." I looked at a whole slew of them he made and chose what I thought would make sense for me. I too was a (still am) newbie so I wasn't too sure what to get either. I got the two outside zipper pockets, on I keep extra batteries, small leatherman, Deep Woods Off Wipes, or Hand Warmers depending on weather, etc. I got the extra grommet holes as I am planning to do water hunting and holes drain the pouch quicker. My suggestion is look at all of his previous products for ideas, then establish a dialogue with him and he can offer some great suggestions.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what I sent him, "I was thinking along the lines of the one you made for RETIREDFIRE, it had the two zipper pouches on the outside, I would also like and inside zipper pocket, extra grommet drainage holes at bottom and an extra "D" ring. I am pumped about your product and ready to proceed." I looked at a whole slew of them he made and chose what I thought would make sense for me. I too was a (still am) newbie so I wasn't too sure what to get either. I got the two outside zipper pockets, on I keep extra batteries, small leatherman, Deep Woods Off Wipes, or Hand Warmers depending on weather, etc. I got the extra grommet holes as I am planning to do water hunting and holes drain the pouch quicker. My suggestion is look at all of his previous products for ideas, then establish a dialogue with him and he can offer some great suggestions.

Thanks!!

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So going off your post and the other posted in that thread, the pictures there helped a ton. I ordered this:

- Park Ranger in the color of Coyote Brown
- 2nd outside zipper like post #216
- Molle strips like post #77
- Extra D ring like post #77
- Inside zipper pocket

The fact Freeloader will customize is awesome. What an amazing product and service he is offering! Sounds like it is high quality at a great price. Can't wait till I get it and it gets warmer to use it.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, the pack mule is on my radar as well. Good looking product for sure.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freeloader is a good businessman and an amazing craftsman . Looking forward to finalizing my deal with him as well. He does have a full plate of things to do. I am thankful that he still finds time for me.

A36F1F27-E442-4046-9428-8BA3F072B2A2.jpeg
Get a load of these side pouches... ;)

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I have a couple of his bags. Great products.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, the pack mule is on my radar as well. Good looking product for sure.

Yeah I wasn’t 100% sure if I wanted the Ranger or the Mule so I deferred to the smaller one as I can always get a bigger one but if I didn’t like the bigger one I’d be stuck wth it.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freeloader is a good businessman and an amazing craftsman . Looking forward to finalizing my deal with him as well. He does have a full plate of things to do. I am thankful that he still finds time for me.

View attachment 1543277
Get a load of these side pouches... ;)

I love that he has taken a hobby and a skill and made himself a little side business. From the pictures I’ve seen they look like a real quality product. And for him to customize, now that’s awesome.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I wasn’t 100% sure if I wanted the Ranger or the Mule so I deferred to the smaller one as I can always get a bigger one but if I didn’t like the bigger one I’d be stuck wth it.

I got both. I go on small hunts and long hunts, lots of trash and little trash so I decided to get both. That way I can share with the wife when she joins me as well .

9DC1FA22-F4BC-45BB-B228-1611BFE9789D.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread