Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: MD Gear Pack made by someone on these forums

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    AT Max, Makro pinpointer
    170 times
    Metal Detecting

MD Gear Pack made by someone on these forums

I read a post last week about someone on these forums that makes a pack to lug around all of your MD gear, but now I cannot find the post. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2012
    Farr West, utah
    Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
    1165 times
    Metal Detecting
    WaterScoop and Armor9 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    15847 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hey A9, a pack is not necessary in my opinion. I gear up at the site and hunt. Heck I don't even have a carrying bag for my current machines. It's just another item to collect dirt and need to be cleaned. The vehicle is never too far away to grab a cold water out of the cooler and to swap out coils when necessary.
    TerryC, RustyGold and dsdigger like this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    AT Max, Makro pinpointer
    170 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1on View Post
    Thanks fish1on, that is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    Hey A9, a pack is not necessary in my opinion. I gear up at the site and hunt. Heck I don't even have a carrying bag for my current machines. It's just another item to collect dirt and need to be cleaned. The vehicle is never too far away to grab a cold water out of the cooler and to swap out coils when necessary.
    Loco, pack might have been a bad term, fish1on posted the link I was looking for. My old infantry habits want me to have everything handy and Freeloader has made a very cool product, literally just what I was looking for

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2014
    fairview park, ohio
    Fisher F4, whites prizm III
    211 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    youd have to use one of those super large hockey bags to haul all your stuff around!!
    Fuzzy was here...or wuzzy?

we're all here cause we're not all there!

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    AT Max, Makro pinpointer
    170 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy535 View Post
    youd have to use one of those super large hockey bags to haul all your stuff around!!
    Funny you should say that, my detector came with one. Also I forgot to mention that I HAVE to keep my stuff in a large carrying back because I have a 5 year old son. Anyone that has kids know if it is out and about it’s subject to being broken. LOL
    Loco-Digger and HighVDI like this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    15792 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Looks like a few quality products.
    I like the Pack Mule
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ÁMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3208 times
    Sometimes my car is miles away, I love to carry out my trash and leave the place better then I found it. The “bag” allows me to do that. I used a back pack before and currently outgrew my Garrett cammo bag.

Carrying out trash is a BIG DEAL for me. I see many sloppy detectorists dig up trash and leave it right next to the hole. Don’t even get me going on uncovered holes.

I think that there are many styles of detecting I prefer a Custom pouch on my hip to carry my tools, cigars and other paraphernalia when I am miles and hours away from my car.

Cheers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F578170E-379F-4024-9535-17C235C746EF.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	1542878

Need my “tool” belt
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche diggers, and the custom made Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    1345 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I got the Pack Mule with some custom additions, it is AWESOME! He makes a very high quality product and was very helpful when I was "designing" my pouch. FIVE STARS!
    dsdigger, WaterScoop and Armor9 like this.

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    AT Max, Makro pinpointer
    170 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BLK HOLE View Post
    I got the Pack Mule with some custom additions, it is AWESOME! He makes a very high quality product and was very helpful when I was "designing" my pouch. FIVE STARS!
    What additions did you make? I am new to MDing and the pack seems like a good idea, but I don't know things of things that I would need/want that would make it easier. Thanks.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ÁMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3208 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Armor9 View Post
    What additions did you make? I am new to MDing and the pack seems like a good idea, but I don't know things of things that I would need/want that would make it easier. Thanks.

Read the 15 page post from the beginning and see what members got and why. It was very useful for me when I read it when ordering my setup.

Custom Pouches For Sale

Name:  82C066AA-FFC3-4497-A3DA-5C463B1B91E0.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  37.2 KB

For example this was a feature I had to have now for you it may not be so important.

Cheers
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche diggers, and the custom made Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    1345 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This is what I sent him, "I was thinking along the lines of the one you made for RETIREDFIRE, it had the two zipper pouches on the outside, I would also like and inside zipper pocket, extra grommet drainage holes at bottom and an extra "D" ring. I am pumped about your product and ready to proceed." I looked at a whole slew of them he made and chose what I thought would make sense for me. I too was a (still am) newbie so I wasn't too sure what to get either. I got the two outside zipper pockets, on I keep extra batteries, small leatherman, Deep Woods Off Wipes, or Hand Warmers depending on weather, etc. I got the extra grommet holes as I am planning to do water hunting and holes drain the pouch quicker. My suggestion is look at all of his previous products for ideas, then establish a dialogue with him and he can offer some great suggestions.
    Armor9 likes this.

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    AT Max, Makro pinpointer
    170 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BLK HOLE View Post
    This is what I sent him, "I was thinking along the lines of the one you made for RETIREDFIRE, it had the two zipper pouches on the outside, I would also like and inside zipper pocket, extra grommet drainage holes at bottom and an extra "D" ring. I am pumped about your product and ready to proceed." I looked at a whole slew of them he made and chose what I thought would make sense for me. I too was a (still am) newbie so I wasn't too sure what to get either. I got the two outside zipper pockets, on I keep extra batteries, small leatherman, Deep Woods Off Wipes, or Hand Warmers depending on weather, etc. I got the extra grommet holes as I am planning to do water hunting and holes drain the pouch quicker. My suggestion is look at all of his previous products for ideas, then establish a dialogue with him and he can offer some great suggestions.
    Thanks!!
    BLK HOLE likes this.

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    AT Max, Makro pinpointer
    170 times
    Metal Detecting
    So going off your post and the other posted in that thread, the pictures there helped a ton. I ordered this:

- Park Ranger in the color of Coyote Brown
    - 2nd outside zipper like post #216
    - Molle strips like post #77
    - Extra D ring like post #77
    - Inside zipper pocket

The fact Freeloader will customize is awesome. What an amazing product and service he is offering! Sounds like it is high quality at a great price. Can't wait till I get it and it gets warmer to use it.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    2226 times
    Yeah, the pack mule is on my radar as well. Good looking product for sure.
    WaterScoop likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links