Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m sure this neighborhood park is a virgin park. I’ve been trying to figure out a safe way to get in there. It’s surrounded by homes from the 1900-1940’s. I decided to try this route and if approached I’ll tell them I work for the city and I’m doing tests to put in a FREE pool for the summer. IMG_2195.JPG IMG_2196.JPG

Upvote 0

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny I was actually thinking of buying one of these
IMG_2596.JPG
I also carry so I figured if I went out in the ghetto at least I would stand a chance to run hide and fight! Lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can relate, I was working at the Richmond county courthouse in the Bay Area when it was announced that the jury in the Rodney King trial had found the white police officers not guilty. Demographically speaking it is a not white area. So the natives started their usual destruction, rioting, So the contractor shut the job down and told us too get the hell out of there. It was exactly as you said, except I did not stop at stop lights or stop signs and lucky for them none of them got in front of me because I would have ran them over like a opossum in the road. We could not go back to that job site for a week. Fond memories!

Ahhhhh good ol’ racism nothing more nothing less

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Against The Wind, what about the Prozac hat?? :laughing7:
I used to go to some sketchy urban parks with Against the Wind. He gave me a hat that read "PROZAC" in big white lettering. His theory was it looked like it said "POLICE" from far away and if you got close we would look like a couple of crazies.... true story. Still wear my hat for good luck....

Hey BD, you used to hunt with Against the Wind.....aka (Windman)? I have some news for you. There is a reason he had a PROZAC hat in his possession to give you. Lol The Windman is a Good man and hunter. Now a Happy homeowner. He is probably right this minute attempting to clean the Pennsylvania countryside of silver. Good post by the way. Be safe out there.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahhhhh good ol’ racism nothing more nothing less

Unfortunately Racism and Hate Crimes is only geared in one direction according to the news media. Both Disgusting and Maddening at the same time. The Media needs to be schooled. Racism is just that, Racism and Hate Crimes is just that, Hate Crimes. This in IMHO needs to change. I thought the Truth would set us Free?

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My M.A.C.E. container (Make America Civil Everyone) is manufactured by Smith and Wesson and the main ingredient is .38 cal. Hollow points.
:occasion14:
Marvin

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey GA Boy, I totally agree and endorse this mindset.:icon_thumleft:

cutty

Sep 8, 2004
SE tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasp spray works better than mace, and if I'm not mistaken LA is a stand you're ground state. All else fails, barrow a strangers phone and call the police and report a shooting there, that should buy ya a little time ��
Someone pointed out to me what it says on a can of wasp spray, something like "it is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner for which it is not intended" in other words thats how they will get you if they want to. I wonder if this law would apply to bear spray too, probably would I imagine. Now Glocks on the other hand are indeed intended for self defense against predatory humans. Dead men tell no tales as they use to say...

Evilpope

Apr 4, 2016
Griffith,In
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350, bounty hunter lone star pro, whites trx pinpointer, Garrett ace 400, Garrett pro pointer 2, Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't fake it,,I would recommend getting a couple of your detecting buddies and hit the park together,, safety in numbers

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Someone pointed out to me what it says on a can of wasp spray, something like "it is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner for which it is not intended" in other words thats how they will get you if they want to. I wonder if this law would apply to bear spray too, probably would I imagine. Now Glocks on the other hand are indeed intended for self defense against predatory humans. Dead men tell no tales as they use to say...

Yes sir, the old addage: "better judged by 12 than carried by 6" still applies today.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
It was about a year ago I was KO'd at a park in a questionable neighborhood. Never saw it coming, or heard it either because I had head phones on.

ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.

I remember your post - very scary stuff. You very easily could have been killed. Good reminder for everyone, especially whenn wearing headphones.
HH
dts

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was about a year ago I was KO'd at a park in a questionable neighborhood. Never saw it coming, or heard it either because I had head phones on.

ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.

I remember his post as well. It got me pissed off I do remember that. Was it young thugs? Thank the Lord you’re ok.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a MAGA hat everywhere I go as well, I also conceal carry a Taurus Judge .45/410 pistol.

1graeman

Mar 7, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go crack of dawn early and don’t go alone, try to team up with someone who can help you, don’t rely too much on mace, I don’t know too much about your area but here you whip out a can of mace and you will be shot! Good luck!
Shot?? You are in the Republic of California where guns are outlawed. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread