Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Whats the deal with Whites?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Pesc

Mar 2007
    Texas Hill Country
    Quest Pro, Whites Classic II SL, Tesoro Amigo 2 current and too many past detectors to list.
    339 times
    Metal Detecting
    I always seem to come back to Whites detectors no matter what else I try. They just work for me and I feel like I know what to expect from them. Their customer service is outstanding and they make a good product.
    T.C. likes this.
    Quest Pro, Tesoro Amigo II, Lesche digging tools. Oldest US Coin 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter.
    www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect
    www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    4777 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I was a long time user of White's machines and was very successful with them. To me, their detector line has become a bit stale. Don't get me wrong, they make a good product and are a great company, but, they haven't been all that innovative lately. Their flagship detector, the V3i, is competent, highly adjustable, but, heavy, not waterproof, or particularly user friendly. I'm sure they have things on the drawing board. We'll just have to wait an see what they come up with.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Aug 2015
    Nokta Impact with Fisher F-Pulse, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
    78 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I think a lot of detectorists are disappointed in Garrett and their "brand new" AT Max. Barely more than an AT Gold or Pro, regardless of what the fanboys say.

I also think White's took a punch in the mouth with their MX Sport debacle, and how they tried to cover up their build and sound quality issues with the initial production runs. (Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!)

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i, MX Sport, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    415 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I own 5 detectors and three of them are White's. This is for a number of reasons including (but not limited to) superior customer support and the fact that they are American made.

us
    Mar 2015
    Greenwich, NY
    Whites Coin Master Whites Gold Master GMT, High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 sluice, 1605 Wheaties
    655 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    I will also vouch for Whites customer service. Being three years old, my out of warranty coinmaster was acting up. The P/P button wouldn't work and show depth. After talking with the rep, she said "we know what is wrong with it" Send it back with a check for $20" How can you do that I asked? She replied, "that's what we do" So I did. Cost 20 something to send it. Turns out they replaced the button, put on a new coil, and tested it. They are tops in my book!
    ecmo and T.C. like this.

us
    Sep 2005
    LaFayette, GA
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
    376 times
    Relic Hunting
    White's is not competing in marketing or high-end detectors. Their only high-end detector is old.

May 2005
    84 times
    [QUOTE=devldog;5686848]
    Quote Originally Posted by powrsurg View Post
    Is it just me or do most sites on the internet that discuss detectors in general, seem to prefer XP and Garrett with little mention of Whites. I just googled "Best Detectors"and whites wasn't on any of the Top 10 lists.[/Q
    powrsurg, hit me up, I may have some info for you on Whites MD's, if you don't already know. I'm a White's person myself.
    My problem with White's is their bouncy IDs. My long-buried dime at 5" goes dime, quarter, zinc, and on a few sweeps something else. on Treasure Pro. But a dime I located in a park with my AT Pro IDed as dime on every sweep, even though the moderately mineralized ground was very dry and hard., and the dime was 7" deep. In the same park White's MXT got a proper ID on a dime at 6", but this was when the ground was moist and soft. Also, most White's weigh more than most detectors by most mfrs, and they require more batteries as well. With XLT, MXT, M6, I rarely got accurate IDs beyond 4"-5".

You call yourself a White's person, but you don't have their newest detectors MX Sport waterproof or MX7 water-resistant. Are you waiting for more test results, as in you don't feel confident they would outdo your MXT All Pro? Have you posted a detailed review of it anywhere? Thanks.
    Last edited by George (MN); Feb 12, 2018 at 08:08 PM.
    TerryC likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links