Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Is it just me or do most sites on the internet that discuss detectors in general, seem to prefer XP and Garrett with little mention of Whites. I just googled "Best Detectors"and whites wasn't on any of the Top 10 lists.[/Q
powrsurg, hit me up, I may have some info for you on Whites MD's, if you don't already know. I'm a White's person myself.

My problem with White's is their bouncy IDs. My long-buried dime at 5" goes dime, quarter, zinc, and on a few sweeps something else. on Treasure Pro. But a dime I located in a park with my AT Pro IDed as dime on every sweep, even though the moderately mineralized ground was very dry and hard., and the dime was 7" deep. In the same park White's MXT got a proper ID on a dime at 6", but this was when the ground was moist and soft. Also, most White's weigh more than most detectors by most mfrs, and they require more batteries as well. With XLT, MXT, M6, I rarely got accurate IDs beyond 4"-5".

You call yourself a White's person, but you don't have their newest detectors MX Sport waterproof or MX7 water-resistant. Are you waiting for more test results, as in you don't feel confident they would outdo your MXT All Pro? Have you posted a detailed review of it anywhere? Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread