To my fellow Max users

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always thought coils are made for specific freq's and the AT Pro and Max run different freq's.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just placed an order for an NEL coil, and indeed it says they are different then the at pro.

The ordering process was a little unique, the coils come from the Ukraine I believe. So once I sent my request to order in you get an email from their sales manager and his email account is definitely not in English. I had to Google his name to ensure he was indeed in employee of the NEL company. I’m getting the big coil, and I’ll let everyone know how it goes

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always thought coils are made for specific freq's and the AT Pro and Max run different freq's.

Garrett says all their ATP and ATG coils work 100% on the Max. Nel says their coils for the ATP and ATG are different so I would imagine their coils may be different for the Max. The only machine I know of where the freqs are coil specific are the Minelab XTerra series. Even the ATP has freq change capabilities so obviously their freq is not in the coils.

Willieg

Nov 16, 2017
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the thunder coil for the AT PRO will not be compatible with the max! I believe the storm will work...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread