Whites TDI vs TDI SL

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been wondering about the diff so I called Whites. I pass this on to those also wondering about the difference between the two. The TDI, of course, is no longer made. Just the TDI SL now. The SL is lighter than the old TDI. The older was slightly better performance but not enough for most to notice the diff. I also just got off the phone with Larry of Big Valley Detectors, Citrus Heights, CA. I will be the first on the block to have the NEW version of the SL! Whites has changed the handle to include a "stem" to replace the older "s" curve in the upper. Also, the new version will have a slightly different coil that reportedly adds a little depth. AND Larry said the new one will be about $150 cheaper than the current version. I have no idea if these facts have become common knowledge yet so now you all know. ╦╦Ç

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread