Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As many of you guys know, I'm new to the Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania area. What that means is I'm also new to all the long term residents of this area. As introductions and conversations go, I always mention, (when asked), that i am a die hard metal detecting hobbyist.
I recently gained permission to two seperate properties. One is 9 acres, and the other is 5 acres. They seem to have a common denominator. On both properties the owners mentioned a lost ring. They also mentioned that the rings were searched for with a metal detector but never found. My response to that information was. : I would like to give it a shot."
Their response,, well you're welcome to search. It was that simple. Now I just have to wait for the Spring Thaw!!

Upvote 0

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First of all, congrats on your new permissions. You can gain access to lots of property by helping find lost jewelry. I keep a craigslist ad going all the time offering free jewelry recovery services. It's just a good way for folks to see that we aren't there to dig holes you can bury trucks in. It works.

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, congrats on your new permissions. You can gain access to lots of property by helping find lost jewelry. I keep a craigslist ad going all the time offering free jewelry recovery services. It's just a good way for folks to see that we aren't there to dig holes you can bury trucks in. It works.

Thanks Roundness,,
I will definitely look into the Craigslist lost and found list for the area. I am a member of the Lost My Stuff Group and have gained many permissions through an initial response to a lost item report. We are always looking for volunteers.
www.lostmystuff.net

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats ATW, if anyone can find those rings I am sure you can, only if you swing your coil over them. Many permissions I get I ask if there is anything that they have lost that I should be on the lookout for and on a couple occasions I've been told about rings, one owner knows of rings in his yard from back in the 60's and told me if I dug any up I was to keep them. The other permission the lady of the house mentioned that her father in law lost a ring (not knowing if it was silver or gold), but asked that I give any rings to them that I find. I was hoping to find the lost ring, but I never did after gridding the yard on numerous occasions.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of Luck to you Windman on your new permissions. If those rings can be found, you will most likely come across them.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
untitledCC.png

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Roundness,,
I will definitely look into the Craigslist lost and found list for the area. I am a member of the Lost My Stuff Group and have gained many permissions through an initial response to a lost item report. We are always looking for volunteers.
Lost My Stuff Group - Home

Thanks, against the wind. I just joined the group lostmystuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread