Whites TDI SL Secial Edition arriving tomorrow!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So new, it is not yet being advertised here (U S A ?). The only place to see a pic is on the Whites web page. Larry from Big Valley Metal Detectors said I was the very first order. I just talked to Jack at Whites and he said the very first four were ordered yesterday. He cannot confirm that I was the first due to sales/shipping issues. This is my first gold PI so now I can compare it to my GB2 for arid desert areas. It has a post grip instead of "s" curve, new coil, and costs less than previous SLs. Also, the new battery costs about $85 while the old battery cost almost $200. It also weighs 3.3 pounds with battery in. That is less than the GB2, which was the lightest gold detector until now. No, I'm not excited. Ha! ╦╦Ç

(That's old TDI batt vs SL batt)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations Terry. I hope you score big with it

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
White makes great machine's. I have one I use just for parks. Great id's and easy settings. Good luck with the new machine. :thumb_up:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Terry. I hope you score big with it
The GPAA (a member) claim at Randsburg is full of hot rocks.... mostly small. Difficult for GB2 to pick good targets above bad. We'll see with the PI. Tnx. ╦╦Ç

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations.. You can't go wrong with a White's machine. Good Luck

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome, Terry! And it's not an AT Max or an Equinox!! Very refreshing! Looking forward to your many great finds. :occasion14:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
The GPAA (a member) claim at Randsburg is full of hot rocks.... mostly small. Difficult for GB2 to pick good targets above bad. We'll see with the PI. Tnx. ╦╦Ç

Been to Randsburg two times from NY for Geocaching. All over Nevada too. To think of all that time wasted when I could have been swinging a detector. UGH!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been to Randsburg two times from NY for Geocaching. All over Nevada too. To think of all that time wasted when I could have been swinging a detector. UGH!
With the Rye Patch in NV and Rich Hill in AZ, I am wondering why you would NOT bring some of your arsenal with you. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, today is Wednesday (Happy Valentines Day) and the TDI SL special edition is HERE.
sl 1.JPG sl 2.JPG sl 3.JPG sl 4.JPG

The most conspicuous change from the standard edition SL is the post stem handle, similar to the GMT. I owned a GMT and I found the stem to be rather comfortable. Then the desert brown paint. Everyone will KNOW I have the new one. And the straight rod assembly. There were two pleasant surprises.... The coil cover is included and they included the extra AA rechargeable batteries. And, at $1099.99, it is $90 cheaper than the previous SL. It's getting late so my first field test video will be coming. I gotta test and note its performance. Using a doctor's analog scale (sliding weights) I measured the weight at very close to advertised.... 3.3 pounds. I also weighed the GB2 at 3.3... not the advertised 2.9. Ok, now you have it, or should I say I DO! ╦╦Ç

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry, Semper Fi, Congrat's on the new Whites, and Best of Luck to you with Many Finds. From a Whites MXT PRO owner and Leatherneck.

just.neil

Dec 26, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the whites.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, Semper Fi, Congrat's on the new Whites, and Best of Luck to you with Many Finds. From a Whites MXT PRO owner and Leatherneck.

OORAH! Tnx. I just wish makers of detectors would STOP adding a forearm strap. There is inherent danger in wearing it, especially for gold seekers. In many cases, detecting for gold puts the person onto very steep hillsides covered with sand and loose rocks. The time it takes to extricate my arm from that strap may mean the difference between life and death.... or great bodily harm. I will INSTANTLY throw the machine down to save my self with BOTH arms. Taking too much time to pull my arm out of the strap may take too long. The manufactures can save money by not putting them on. I took the TDI SL SE out for a half hour yesterday. To an area I KNOW to be loaded with hot rocks. THEY DISSAPPEARED! I found a bullet shard and .22 spent case. Other deeper targets will be dug today. At 68, I hope I can justify the $1100 cost. ╦╦Ç

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dying to get my newly-acquired MXT Pro out...AND to see ur finds, Terry. 😁

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'll be finding Treasure soon with the new Whites.

rogue

Mar 11, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f70,f75se,t2se,f22,f2,at pro, xp deus, nox 800, whites TDI sl special edition
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pi newbe question..... Im looking to get a pi detector for relic hunting here in Va. It will be my first pi machine. I cant afford a gpx and was interested in the tdi which im about to pull the trigger on. Am i making the correct choice out of the other options in this price range? didnt mean to steel this post but it looked like a good place to ask....thanks

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can cover it in that camo tape they use for guns, it will keep from getting scratched as much. Nice detector!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pi newbe question..... Im looking to get a pi detector for relic hunting here in Va. It will be my first pi machine. I cant afford a gpx and was interested in the tdi which im about to pull the trigger on. Am i making the correct choice out of the other options in this price range? didnt mean to steel this post but it looked like a good place to ask....thanks
Go for it! As you read above, this is my first TDI SL SE. TDI no longer made. The SL is its replacement. Troll the vendors here for one. If they can give you $90 less then the older SL and free shipping, Buy it. If not, Larry at Big Valley Metal Detectors in Citrus Heights will. Three day UPS delivery. ╦╦Ç

rogue

Mar 11, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f70,f75se,t2se,f22,f2,at pro, xp deus, nox 800, whites TDI sl special edition
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
guess i kind of got confused with big valley it said for local sale only....thought that meant he wouldnt ship... but im about to pull the trigger..thanks

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
guess i kind of got confused with big valley it said for local sale only....thought that meant he wouldnt ship... but im about to pull the trigger..thanks
Did you talk to Larry directly, no written ad? He may mean local is USA only. I'll call him now. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I just talked to Larry. Give him a call. He's very busy with walk-ins but said call him. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions