I had a dream!

Rasifari

Feb 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I am brand new here and to the metal detecting community in general. That being said, I had a dream today and I NEED to get started.
I don’t even know where to start with metal detectors, but I know what I am looking for (generally speaking). I am looking for a metal detector that can detect gold coins and can also be used underwater. I want something of quality at a “fair” price. What would you all recommend?
Also, I am in search of a river with green waters (emerald in color) that is close to a body of ocean. If you know of any places like this, also please let me know. I know it sounds far fetched to search for a place from a dream, but I’ll eventually pursue this dream, so I firured I would brow that question out there as well :D

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. Would you be looking in salt water or fresh? Makes a lot of difference. There are a Ton of metal detectors on the market you might want to look at. "Fair" is a loaded word. Depends on how much you want to spend. Detectors in general go from about $100, I wouldn't start there up to almost $8k.

My dreams annoy me. I'm always chasing something. And after looking at youtube videos, online detector catalogs and narrowing down your price range, find a dealer and test one. I have made the mistake of buying before seeing the machine and it gets real expensive real fast.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome.
Test driving can be of help ,if you can be at the sellers detecting business. Or if in a safe / public place .

Water can change colors throughout seasons and temperatures. Algae ,ect.

One example of detectors for under water use , a Tesoro Sand Shark , is around $600 U.S. dollars.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dreams aren't far-fetched. Mel Fisher had a dream once. I even dreamt that my dig partner would find a silver bigger than a dime and a few days later he pulled a silver quarter from our honey hole. As far as location...I can open a World Atlas and find, literally, 1000's of rivers near oceans. Any better specifics? And I'll have to defer to the experts here on water detectors...I'm strictly a landlubber.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia, I am new to the hobby also but I haven’t had any detecting dreams yet! Though I am sure they would be awesome dreams!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread