boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just google me! That'll pretty much explain it! Naw seriously my take is anything older than the 70s. I may be revising that soon. I keep going into antique stores to see what going prices are and keep running across toys etc. I've owned, and they keep using the antique label So I guess I'm an antique now........ Some people seem to think anything with a little rust is a relic, at least in their pricing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes a beer can would be a relic.
I refer to
everything other then coins as relics

at times I could refer to myself as a relic.

a coin can be a relic. though I don't refer to coins as Relics I have seen others do so

dictionary.com.

noun
1. a surviving memorial of something past.

2. an object having interest by reason of its age or its association with the past: a museum of historic relics.

3. a surviving trace of something: a custom that is a relic of paganism.

4. relics.
  • remaining parts or fragments.
  • the remains of a deceased person.
5.something kept in remembrance; souvenir; memento.

6. Ecclesiastical. (especially in the Roman Catholic and Greek churches) the body, a part of the body, or some personal memorial of a saint, martyr, or other sacred person, preserved as worthy of veneration.

7. a once widespread linguistic form that survives in a limited area but is otherwise obsolete.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I could be entirely wrong but Relics are somehow tied to religion and artifacts are are just that, artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread