Equinox vs Xp Deus vs At Pro
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Equinox vs Xp Deus vs At Pro

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23750 times
    Metal Detecting

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Southeast Grundy, Illinois
    EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
    3241 times
    That's the vid I was looking for. Will be trying the Nel Attack that I purchased recently on my AT, and if it doesn't perform, I'm afraid the EQ800 is in my near future

Thanks for posting Truth!
    Truth and sprailroad like this.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

us
    Dec 2017
    Texas
    Bounty hunter commando Garrett AT Pro
    328 times
    Metal Detecting
    I watched this early this morning. Nice video,makes me bummed out I bought the pro...
    Truth likes this.

It is a pretty good video. Same thing needs to be done by 1) discovering a nail pit and putting a target down in said pit and testing the machines and 2) the horrid red Virginia dirt test.

From this video, I would not buy one since I already have a Deus and a new Tesoro Vaqeuro. I don't see an advantage to spending another thousand.
    Both of my current machines do well in the VA dirt and nail pits if you set them correctly. Too many machines in the closet just doesn't work for me.

I hope someone will take one out to a horrid site and let us know. I'll do that test in March, you never know, cats do change their minds from time to time.
    Truth and digger460 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2974 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It is a good video. One thing I believe can be confirmed, the VDI #'s on most machines can be a OK reference point to look at, but it's the sound that I really try to pay attention to.
    Truth and against the wind like this.

You are correct sprailroad, and if unsure, dig it. I found one of my gold coins and one of the gold rings on "iffy" signals.

Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2974 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    You are correct sprailroad, and if unsure, dig it. I found one of my gold coins and one of the gold rings on "iffy" signals.
    Right back at you Smokey, I just cannot pass them up, to many "pleasant" surprises.
    smokeythecat and Truth like this.

us
    Aug 2017
    North Central,Pennsylvania
    Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics Omega 8500, Minelab Safari, Minelab Equinox 800.
    32 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thank you for the review, it looks like you spent a lot of time on it. I’m looking forwards to receiving my 800 and taking it out with my Safari and Vaquero and seeing how they compare. Dave
    sprailroad and Truth like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Southeast Grundy, Illinois
    EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
    3241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by just.neil View Post
    I watched this early this morning. Nice video,makes me bummed out I bought the pro...
    If I pull the trigger on the EQ, I'll be happy with the AT as a backup.
    sprailroad, Truth and just.neil like this.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23750 times
    Metal Detecting

I was thinking that itll totally bum anyone out who bought the pro. Just buy the large coil like we all did.
    smokeythecat likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23750 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilllookin Dave View Post
    Thank you for the review, it looks like you spent a lot of time on it. Im looking forwards to receiving my 800 and taking it out with my Safari and Vaquero and seeing how they compare. Dave
    I just put up the video it was easy lol

us
    Dec 2017
    Texas
    Bounty hunter commando Garrett AT Pro
    328 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yea I could do that. I am gonna have to find some valuables before I can justify buying accessories. I have been reading about the 5x8 and getting that itch lol
    Truth likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23750 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yea I could do that. I am gonna have to find some valuables before I can justify buying accessories. I have been reading about the 5x8 and getting that itch lol
    Get one!! I used mine today found a 8 3 ringer in a trashy park

us
    Ben

Feb 2017
    Nebraska
    Nokta Anfibio Mulit Minelab CTX 3030 Minelab Equinox 800 Etrac Whites Coinmaster AT Pro pointer
    933 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I was thinking that itll totally bum anyone out who bought the pro. Just buy the large coil like we all did.
    Exactly. The equinox looks like a great detector but the at pro is no slouch especially for the price. I have found a lot of good finds with 5x8 coil in trashy parks. The larger coils allow for comparable depth to any detector on the market. Until the equinox came along there was no better detector than the at pro as far as "best bang for your buck".
    Truth and sprailroad like this.

There will be plenty of each type available used by the end of the summer digging season. I for one have a hard time waiting for anything, however, I may wait a bit. I know the smaller coil for the AT Pro will punch down through nail pits and get to the good stuff.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Feb 23, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links