JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Won't even buy you a cup of coffee

Well being new , kinda, to the sport, I was out in my front yard and dug up a quarter.
Mentioned to my wife that I made a find and her eye's widened until I mentioned it was a quarter. Her remark, whats a quarter worth.

Well being the thinker I am I pondered that. To ride a roller coaster these days , it cost a whole lot more for the few Min's of excitement. I look at it in this way, I had a few Min's of searching, the discovery, the excitement of the dig, the wondering and the find. Folks, as far as I can see it, that quarter was worth a whole lot. Thanks for listening to my thoughts, Joe

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: Won't even buy you a cup of coffee

is it silver ? a rare year ? till you dig it out who knows?--- the kick of finding "something?" can often be more fun then the find itself actually is -- because you never know what it might be sometimes till you get it "in hand"and thats half the fun of it --- Ivan

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

A quarter more...i would say.
RD

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

We would prolly all agree with you... it's worth more than a quarter.

I don't ever (or very rarely) share my finds with my wife... she could care less! LOL

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Found money is special. Sort of like winning money at gambling.

Just so sweet

George

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

lots of folks "know" or want to know the $$$$ worth of everything --- these folks are often eat up by the greed bug ----sadly often they will never "know" the true value of anything thats really important (things that money alone can not buy)---like the "worth" of a good freind, the "value" of special times spent with loved ones or the priceless joy of doing something you love to do ---because their too buzy "grubbing" their life away for mere money -- the only purpose money serves is to allow you to have "free time" --time you can spend doing what you enjoy doing and with folks who's company you enjoy -- while not worrying how you going to eat,pay the rent and pay for your daily bills -- to me this is the only good purpose money serves --- all to often greed or lust of money has caused fighting and hate even amoung family members and fighting over who gets what and how much when grandpa,grandma, mom or dad dies is all to often the cause of folks not seeing or speaking each other for years or even the rest of their lives--- its a sad life indeed for those who make a god of money --- Ivan

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the Quarter Joe.

Just think, next time you run accross a Parking Meter you'll
be Glad for that Quarter.

Jeff

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Find another quarter and you can buy "air".

What was once free, to fill your tire.......

I think finding a quarter is worth a lot more than what it will ever buy nowadays.

Al

OP
OP
JOe L

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

LOL, 1984, And after a bit she kinda came around and was out there with me looking for "Treasure". She even came up with a little wooden box to put OUR finds in.
God, I love this hobby.

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax

it all depends on how you look at it for instance that one find is a spark that will start you on your journey for the rest of of your life

OP
OP
JOe L

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Absolutely, I'm still wondering when my yard will run out of change. ;D. Pulled up some more yesterday. dime and penny's.
One good thing, I am really learning my X-70 on when to dig and when not to. Ready to move out to the rest of the world.... 8)

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack

my GF goes out detecting with me at times. she thinks its cool and knows it keeps me busy. busy man doesnt have time to flirt with other girls! (note selling point of the hobby to those of you running into spousal rejection)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread