Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You know that when you receive a letter like this in the mail, it’s just bound to be good.

A750E09E-F3B4-465F-BC26-A66C41155A1F.jpeg

Here is the backstory. A couple of years ago I had an opportunity to hunt with Tnet member Dirtstalker in Charleston. While on one of his permissions, I hit a very shallow high tone, and thought it was trash, I tried to kick it out of the dirt, but wasn’t successful. Dirtstalker came along behind me and hit the same signal, asked about the kick marks on the ground, then dug this 1817 LC right in front of me. I’ll never foreget it, ouch, what a class in metal detecting 101, and the tuiton was only one cent!

AEF7E7E0-D7C2-4F7A-A11C-372F05A19135.jpeg ED42D0EF-D976-428A-A9B8-D0A71F5EB300.jpeg

Thanks for the souvenir Dirtstalker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well played Dirtstalker well played LOL

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a class act!

E8C49FA0-6A4D-41A3-898D-964D1A319097.gif

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know that when you receive a letter like this in the mail, it’s just bound to be good.

View attachment 1555752

Here is the backstory. A couple of years ago I had an opportunity to hunt with Tnet member Dirtstalker in Charleston. While on one of his permissions, I hit a very shallow high tone, and thought it was trash, I tried to kick it out of the dirt, but wasn’t successful. Dirtstalker came along behind me and hit the same signal, asked about the kick marks on the ground, then dug this 1817 LC right in front of me. I’ll never foreget it, ouch, what a class in metal detecting 101, and the tuiton was only one cent!

View attachment 1555765 View attachment 1555766

Thanks for the souvenir Dirtstalker.

What Tom isn't telling you is this coin was only about 2 inches deep after he kicked the dirt and all the grief I have given him about it. I told him that unlike all the coins he kicks out of the ground in his area in the Low Country you actually have to dig them. And believe me he caught a ton of ribbing. Look at the avatar of P@tch he has the twin of Tom's Kicker Coin in his eye. This should have been Toms coin and now it is. I know he won't put it in the vault where he keeps his Big pile of silver but hey at least it's Home now with the Grand Pooba of the Carolina Silver Mafia

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
What Tom isn't telling you is this coin was only about 2 inches deep after he kicked the dirt and all the grief I have given him about it. I told him that unlike all the coins he kicks out of the ground in his area in the Low Country you actually have to dig them. And believe me he caught a ton of ribbing. Look at the avatar of P@tch he has the twin of Tom's Kicker Coin in his eye. This should have been Toms coin and now it is. I know he won't put it in the vault where he keeps his Big pile of silver but hey at least it's Home now with the Grand Pooba of the Carolina Silver Mafia

I do appreciate the coin DS. It has a place of distinction, within my display case.

That was a tough lesson to learn, I think that I had only dug 1 or 2 LCs at that point, and that one was really nice. Some lessons are best learned the hard way, and I guarantee I'll not pass on another signal like that, regardless of how shallow it is.

Best of luck to you sir and thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions