I'm screaming at my computer! AAAAAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggg!!!!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WARNING!!!! The following Rant may be offensive; crude; insensitive; repulsive; uneducated; narrow minded;overbearing; heartless; and tasteless to some forum members. :skullflag:
There are a lot of clowns on Youtube and Facebook. Bearded bone heads talking to the camera while walking through the woods; Creative rednecks “broadcasting” from their “Don’t Tread on Me” flag festooned man caves; and “Live digs” by guys explaining for ten-minutes how they just dug a zincoln at three-inches. Let’s not forget all those “unboxing” videos! How in gawd’s name would we ever get our detectors out of their boxes without these edge-of-our-seat videos?

Nail tests; recovery speed tests; depth tests; air tests; setting tests; comparison tests – All of these videos are “testing” my patience! Many times, the elaborate opening graphics are the best part of the video. You would think some of these guys work in a Hollywood studio! Special effects, drone shots, stabilized camera platforms, simply amazing.

Take a close look at some of the top “personalities” out there doing videos, vlogs, blogs, and internet radio shows on metal detecting. Is it any wonder most folks turn up their nose when you say you’re a metal detectorist? Would you invite most of these folks to your home? Let them date your daughter? Let them mow your grass?

Oh yes, I’m one of these losers! Another white, overweight AARP member, who knows-it-all and bloviates with the best of them. However, I am smart enough to know I have a face for radio, and understand folks want me to get straight to the point when I make my vids, not mystify them with my wit, brilliance, and contemplative close up face shots. Huge sigh. I feel much, much, better now. Guess I’ll go see what Diggin Britt is up to. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What hit will you be on her next vid.. 2,000,019? Just Sayin.. Love the comment. :occasion14:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is the music that kills me. Loud obnoxious cacophony. I metal detect for the peaceful feeling I get outdoors. I feel good about removing the hazardous metal. The valuable finds are just a bonus.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't look.

I make it a point to avoid facebook, twitter, snapchat, or any of the other "social media" outlets.

I do like some YouTube videos. But many just grate on my nerves. Whispering hunters (why not shut up and hunt and leave the camera off?), indoor tests of outdoor equipment, etc.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't look.

I make it a point to avoid facebook, twitter, snapchat, or any of the other "social media" outlets.

I do like some YouTube videos. But many just grate on my nerves. Whispering hunters (why not shut up and hunt and leave the camera off?), indoor tests of outdoor equipment, etc.

This forum is the closet thing I have to social media. It's a nice way to live.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Terry I guess the first thing is after reading your post and the warning several times...."WARNING!!!! The following Rant may be offensive; crude; insensitive; repulsive; uneducated; narrow minded; overbearing; heartless; and tasteless to some forum members." I found nothing offensive, crude, repulsive, etc...if someone did I would recommend that they reflect on why they did, is it because you used words they didn't understand?? Love the use of the word "bloviates". I know I am new to this hobby, but it is just that a hobby, let's not take ourselves so seriously. I appreciate what you and guys like Dick Stout have to say regarding the direction our hobby is headed, I learned early on to spend more time listening to those who went before me than telling everyone what to do and how much I know. oh yeah, I take cash, paypal or CW relics in trade!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I like some of them, notably The Hoover Boys... but some of them are terrible.

At one point, I thought that I might want to make a video or two, but after seeing so many bad ones, I'm sure that I will just look like one of the people I laugh at.

Good rant Terry.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they wanna mow my lawn...just sayin'. 😁

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Terry. Not the least bit offensive. Truth-speaking never offends me. Hate the music. Don't watch box opening. I don't watch that many vids, truth be known. I did run across a young bikini-clad woman from Florida metal detecting the beaches, and admit to enjoying that one. Saw some Russians in bikinis with metal detectors, and not too impressed. You really should rant more often. It contrasts nicely with the reserved Terry.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
My hat is off to you Terry. Good job!!!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Great rant, now, deeeeep breath, that’s it, ooommmmmmm oooommmmmmm

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Calm down. Turn off the computer, tv, smartphone, and all the other toys for a few
days. Sit down at your favorite cafe. It’s always time for more coffee.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry you need a nice day target shooting.Get an old iPhone,put a stupid video on it then proceed to blow the hell out of it.Stress gone.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry you have expressed what I have thought numerous times before.

Cheers

38CB7351-A56C-434D-BB01-9551704B2BA2.jpeg

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I subscribed

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Terry:
Now I feel more conscious about my beard. Have heard comments ,but none so crude as to associate me with video mania detectorists......
Other than that , have fun watching!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you Terry. If I turn on a MD video, I want to see detecting. And I want to see live digs. Not just pictures of stuff with dirt on them. I also have no need to see peoples (in no particular order): tattoos, pets, detector racks in vehicles, side hobbies, weight lifting, drawing, lottery tickets, coin roll hunting, shooting ranges etc. in said videos. Leave that for sometime else. Of course, most videos are done for the imagined "self", not for other MD'ers. Of course at this point, except for one or two of them I just fast forward through to each find and to the end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread