Garrett 2500 Pro

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this on a thread this morning...I love my Garrett GTI 2500! I bought it for specific reason and objectives. It does what it says, just takes a bit to learn what it tells me.............

"After watching every U-Tube video I could this past weekend and rereading the manual twice, I hit the road at 0700. I had my eye on a recent demolition of a wooden building dating back to when our airport was a US ARMY Air Field. It is located in a very rough part of town and literally on the other side of the tracks. I figured all would be sleeping and that I would do a fast recon to get contact info off a newly posted building permit and see if I could get some quick hits at the remaining entrance cement stoops and perimeter. Too much trash to do it quickly, got the info and left. Will mail a "Permission"

I then went to a local park. I wasn't expecting a big haul, but a important one, a coin, a Clad Quarter my first! I won't go into detail other than to say my Garrett is awesome! the GTI is the best. The 29 cents in the pic were exactly what my Garrett said they were and at the right depth. All the rest of the items were ones I was unsure enough to just dig them to find out what they were. There is also a pic of a rock with writing, going to check it out more today if I get time. My darling bride has a project that I have put off long enough, installing landscaping on the front of our park model. She is right of course, especially since I ran my MD over the area without digging and believe there are at least three targets to retrieve!

Any "Tenderfoots" reading this...watch videos on u-tube on you specific MD, read your manual at least ten times or once a day till you get it down and go out everyday for 5 hours minimum and dig every target so you learn the language of your MD and become one with your soon to be true love, your Metal Detector! The sight of the edge of that quarter sticking out of the edge of my hole will join other mental pics of my life time. I right up there with 1st Deer, Elk, Bear, Halibut, Cod, King Salmon, Lake Trout, female part.....unforgettable. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and kind words. YIPPIE!

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had my GTI 2500 for years. Still in the "Treasure Talk" mode. Won't have it so-called upgraded after hearing bad stories about the unit after return from Garrett. Very happy with mine as it is, and have added an ACE 300 for my 10 YO son just this week. AT Max on the horizon as well, but the GTI is my primary always!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad machine, but, a bit dated. Depending on the site, there are better machines for the price. Don't count on it working very well at a salt water beach. Take all it's claims with a grain of salt and don't believe everything it tells you. You're still going to dig some trash if you want to find the treasure.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad machine, but, a bit dated. Depending on the site, there are better machines for the price. Don't count on it working very well at a salt water beach. Take all it's claims with a grain of salt and don't believe everything it tells you. You're still going to dig some trash if you want to find the treasure.

I have two DD coils for mine that I use on the beach and shallows. No imaging, but the unit handles the salt water beaches just fine with them. True about the concentric coils though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions