Makro Racer 2 or Fisher F75 DST

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
first i want to apologize for my bad english (am helping myself with google translator). I'm going to buy a new detector this week and the dilemma is which one to choose. I'm wondering between this two models Racer 2 and F75 DST (not the limited version). The price of that two detectors, is almost similar in the shop that i thinks to buying from. The Makro Racer 2 is 500 and Fisher is 550 euro. Im not going to hunt on the beach, only fields and woods with medium mineralized soil. Please, if someone has experience with these two models to share opinion. Thanks in advance and again sorry for my bad english.

Best regards!

Upvote 0

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really can't give you a comparison of the two. I own an f75 and have close to 1000 hours on it. It is my go to machine. Its deep, accurate, easy to navigate, beautiful to swing, sips batteries......I mean battery life is really incredible.

From what I have seen online and what others claim I believe the racer 2 is every bit as deep as the F75 and has great ID. I can't make a claim about the other things I listed about the f75. I do know the fisher thrives in moderate soil though.

The deal right now with the f75 plus is smoking. $650.00 for the detector and also a pulse induction pinpointer that seems to be a good one.....and a hand digging tool. The f75 plus has the boost mode, dst, fa, FE tone....all the goodies. At one time this was a $1200.00 detector! Only thing I'd do is get a Tornado coil for the open fields. Turns the f75 into a monster.

Good luck! I don't think you could go wrong with either machine.

OP
OP
V

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really can't give you a comparison of the two. I own an f75 and have close to 1000 hours on it. It is my go to machine. Its deep, accurate, easy to navigate, beautiful to swing, sips batteries......I mean battery life is really incredible.

From what I have seen online and what others claim I believe the racer 2 is every bit as deep as the F75 and has great ID. I can't make a claim about the other things I listed about the f75. I do know the fisher thrives in moderate soil though.

The deal right now with the f75 plus is smoking. $650.00 for the detector and also a pulse induction pinpointer that seems to be a good one.....and a hand digging tool. The f75 plus has the boost mode, dst, fa, FE tone....all the goodies. At one time this was a $1200.00 detector! Only thing I'd do is get a Tornado coil for the open fields. Turns the f75 into a monster.

Good luck! I don't think you could go wrong with either machine.

Thanks for your reply HighVDI :icon_thumleft:. If the F75+ price is nearly the same without doubht i will buy it.But the seller told me that i have to wait 2 weeks for F75+(because they dont have availability), and the price is going to be about 650 euro without pinpointer and other extras. I know that the F75+ is the new name to F75Ltd, and even the price of 650 euro is worth every cent, but it's higher than my budget and i really don't like that the Fisher suppliers in my country are going to disassemble the promo pac of F75+ and sell it apart (i believe that the price of pinpointer are going to be about 140 euro).If i have to be honest, i like the F75 much more than the Racer 2, it looks much better (Racer really looks like a toy), the build quality is superb, it is made in US(5 years warranty), but in other side the Racer 2 is highly loved in the internet, i've read a lot of articles about it and i suppose that the Racer 2 is great machine too, maybe even perform better. That is the cause of my dilemma.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might be biased and have swung both the F75 and the F75LTD but never touched a Racer. Both the Racer and F75 seem to have comparable capabilities, but from what I see here on Tnet is that not many use the Racer 2 whereas many use the Fisher F75. So if popularity and use is used as a metric, that I'd go for the Fisher F75.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to say I beat on my equipment but I buy my stuff to use it. If it gets a little dirty it might stay that way for a few hunts until I shine it up nicey nice. If it happens to slip and take a little fall here and there hey.....it happens!

I guess my point is my f75 has NEVER let me down. I've hunted in extreme cold, snow, drizzle, heat you name it. Never missed a beat. I've dug a large cent at a legit 12". Dandy button and Barber quarter at 10"+. Suspender clip at 13". Bridal rosette at a foot as well.

Found some great things amongst iron as well. F75 is no slouch in the recovery department. Only second to a Deus IMO. Same as Loco though.....I'm sure I'm a little biased too! Lol

OP
OP
V

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your answers guys!:icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger, can you tell me is there any big difference in depth and recovery between the F75 and F75LTD? I know that F75LTD is equipped with faster processor and mode for deep search and cache mode(dont know what that mode do) and i'm sure that this must give advantage to F75LTD over the standart F75.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another quick thought.... could also look into the T2 plus package. Another awesome deal and even cheaper than the F75 bundle.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both machines if the newer DST version have the FA process which is the fasted process, great for using with the 5"DD coil for trashy areas. You lose a little depth but gain target separation. The 5"DD coil gets amazing depth for it's size. Normally you can estimate depth capabilities by the diameter of the coil, i.e. an 8 inch coil should detect a quarter at 8 inches, but the small DD gets 8 inches on a quarter in my local soils. Both the FA and JE modes are the most susceptible to EMI. The EMI can be eliminated by reducing the sensitivity and flipping through the 7 frequencies to find a quiet one. On the standard F75 the JE mode is the hottest process. I mainly use DE and FA. DE is the default mode. In town I normally run sensitivity between 65 & 75. The hotter you run it, the more you might get some falsing. All detector I ever used give false signals when running them too hot. Ruts, hard weed stalks, acorns, etc can cause false signals if you are running to hot. The F75 likes a faster coil sweep except for the CL mode, then it needs a slower sweep since it is going for max depth on larger size targets.

I have never hunted a bottle cap infested site thus I had no need to use the BC (Bottle Cap Mode). I have used the PF (plowed Field) mode when hunting rutty soil and plowed fields I use to run this mode all the time when I first got the machine since the large site I was hunting had many ruts due to being moved when wet and there were tire ruts everywhere from the tractor. PF mode reduces falsing but loses a little depth.

I am more of a coin shooter but I do appreciate the older cool relics and some jewelry. The F75 and LTD fit my needs.

The 2 deep modes are BP which I mainly use for getting a better target ID on an iffy signal and the CL cache locator mode. I have only played with the CL mode and it could detect my vehicle at 3.5 to 4 ft in an air test.

My deepest target dug was a piece of old lead pipe at 14 inches. My deepest coin was an 1812 silver French 5 Francs ant 10-10.5 inches. I did have an XP Deus for about 9 months. It's a great machine, ultra light, can run in 4 separate Freq's with the stock coils and has many more setting tweaks than the F75 series. Too much for me, plus the coils are very expensive. I dug more iron hitting as silver with the Deus than any other machine. I sold the Deus since it never hit on anything my F75 would not have hit on. I have been using the F75LTD since late 2014 and I know what it's telling me, so I figured why be so-so on 2 machines and to just concentrate on one.

I live in the US and getting the F75 serviced is easy, easier than having to deal with a company from Turkey.

OP
OP
V

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both machines if the newer DST version have the FA process which is the fasted process, great for using with the 5"DD coil for trashy areas. You lose a little depth but gain target separation. The 5"DD coil gets amazing depth for it's size. Normally you can estimate depth capabilities by the diameter of the coil, i.e. an 8 inch coil should detect a quarter at 8 inches, but the small DD gets 8 inches on a quarter in my local soils. Both the FA and JE modes are the most susceptible to EMI. The EMI can be eliminated by reducing the sensitivity and flipping through the 7 frequencies to find a quiet one. On the standard F75 the JE mode is the hottest process. I mainly use DE and FA. DE is the default mode. In town I normally run sensitivity between 65 & 75. The hotter you run it, the more you might get some falsing. All detector I ever used give false signals when running them too hot. Ruts, hard weed stalks, acorns, etc can cause false signals if you are running to hot. The F75 likes a faster coil sweep except for the CL mode, then it needs a slower sweep since it is going for max depth on larger size targets.

I have never hunted a bottle cap infested site thus I had no need to use the BC (Bottle Cap Mode). I have used the PF (plowed Field) mode when hunting rutty soil and plowed fields I use to run this mode all the time when I first got the machine since the large site I was hunting had many ruts due to being moved when wet and there were tire ruts everywhere from the tractor. PF mode reduces falsing but loses a little depth.

I am more of a coin shooter but I do appreciate the older cool relics and some jewelry. The F75 and LTD fit my needs.

The 2 deep modes are BP which I mainly use for getting a better target ID on an iffy signal and the CL cache locator mode. I have only played with the CL mode and it could detect my vehicle at 3.5 to 4 ft in an air test.

My deepest target dug was a piece of old lead pipe at 14 inches. My deepest coin was an 1812 silver French 5 Francs ant 10-10.5 inches. I did have an XP Deus for about 9 months. It's a great machine, ultra light, can run in 4 separate Freq's with the stock coils and has many more setting tweaks than the F75 series. Too much for me, plus the coils are very expensive. I dug more iron hitting as silver with the Deus than any other machine. I sold the Deus since it never hit on anything my F75 would not have hit on. I have been using the F75LTD since late 2014 and I know what it's telling me, so I figured why be so-so on 2 machines and to just concentrate on one.

I live in the US and getting the F75 serviced is easy, easier than having to deal with a company from Turkey.

Loco-Digger thank you very much for the time you spent to answer my questions :icon_thumright:. It's not just a post, but complete guide and it is very helpful:notworthy:. Im going to visit the shop tomorrow, and i will check what is the version of F75 that they sell. Its good, that they sell the Racer 2 too and i will going to have the opportunity to swing the both machines and compare them face to face. I supose that i will buy the F75 because i like it very much, but the best practice will be to check the both detectors first and then to make my final decision. Thanks again for your detailed post! :occasion14:

OP
OP
V

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another quick thought.... could also look into the T2 plus package. Another awesome deal and even cheaper than the F75 bundle.

Thanks for suggestion HighVDI. :icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here ar 2 nice reviews.

The F75 at zero sensitivity can hit an 8 in quarter. This is a long video, you might want to jump forward to about 43 minutes in to see how it hits with low sensitivity.

Here is another good review.

OP
OP
V

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help mates :icon_thumright:. At last i bought the Makro Racer 2, they made me an offer that i can't refused. The build quality is far from exceptional, the F75 is much sturdier and well build in my opinion, but is not so bad and overall im happy with my purchase. I hope that in performance it going to be a step ahead because of its deep mode(like F75LTD) and other extras like tone break. I hope that, im going to find alot of coins with it. Thanks again for your help, and wish you more nice finds that summer!

Best regards!

View attachment 1562721

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the help mates :icon_thumright:. At last i bought the Makro Racer 2, they made me an offer that i can't refused. The build quality is far from exceptional, the F75 is much sturdier and well build in my opinion, but is not so bad and overall im happy with my purchase. I hope that in performance it going to be a step ahead because of its deep mode(like F75LTD) and other extras like tone break. I hope that, im going to find alot of coins with it. Thanks again for your help, and wish you more nice finds that summer!

Best regards!

View attachment 1562721

Good Luck, looking forward to you posting some of your future finds/

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Best regards!

View attachment 1562721

I've seen some very impressive depth videos of the racer 2. Also great target id and seperation. I have no doubt you will do great with it! Always wanted to try one out myself.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Valioz,
Excellent choice in the Makro Racer 2! I started out with the Racer 2 pro pack last year. It was an excellent machine! Outstanding depth & trash separation was amazing. Sold it to finance my Nokta Impact. Impact was another excellent detector. Just sold it so I could buy the new Makro Multi Kruzer. Really enjoying this last Makro. Customer support is the best I’ve ever seen. If you did not get the wireless headphones, you definitely want to pick up a set sometime in the future.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Valioz,
Excellent choice in the Makro Racer 2! I started out with the Racer 2 pro pack last year. It was an excellent machine! Outstanding depth & trash separation was amazing. Sold it to finance my Nokta Impact. Impact was another excellent detector. Just sold it so I could buy the new Makro Multi Kruzer. Really enjoying this last Makro. Customer support is the best I’ve ever seen. If you did not get the wireless headphones, you definitely want to pick up a set sometime in the future.

Thanks for posting, I have not seen much hoopla regarding the Kruzer and only some good past reviews of the Impact. My understanding though is the Kruzer is a repackaged Impact, they even run at the 3 same Freq. practically, the Kruzer is a pound lighter and has bluetooth. Would you say they are similar in performance?

OP
OP
V

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i went to the store that i was buyed my Makro Racer 2 and change it for Teknetics T2 (classic version without DST). I'm not sure that this is an equal change but i don't care. Yesterday i was in that shop again because i found crack over the ground balance/pinpoint button and the salesman change it with new unit, and that was ok, but after i try it at home, i find that this unit is much more nervous and less deep(i made only air tests). I decide to change it, and because they dont have F75 the only option was T2 classic, and that was my choise. I hope that it was the right choice, but who knows. :))

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting, I have not seen much hoopla regarding the Kruzer and only some good past reviews of the Impact. My understanding though is the Kruzer is a repackaged Impact, they even run at the 3 same Freq. practically, the Kruzer is a pound lighter and has bluetooth. Would you say they are similar in performance?

Look up Darnell Hello world on youtube. he just came out with some comparisons between the Kruzer and Impact

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread