upgrading

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not easy to do much better than this combo. When it comes to accessories for these two, there's so much available. You can convert the 2500 to a two box for cache hunting etc. The DFX has humongous coils available as well. Really all you're lacking is speed. You could add something like an F75+ to your lineup, or go for something like an Equinox that just seems to do everything well everywhere. If you got on with the complexity of the DFX you could go up to the V3i. That's where I'm at. I have the V3i and as of tomorrow my Equinox will be at the post office.

OP
OP
donj

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point thanks for your response. Don.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you enjoying your hunts with your current gear? What do you want in a new machine? You seem to have quite an arsenal if you still posses all the machines on your profile. I personally only have 3 or 4 at one time. If I don't use it or need it I sell it before it continues to depreciate. I hear great things about the Equinox. I haven't read or watched much on the Kruzer yet (jury still out). The AT Max is a better machine than the AT Pro in my opinion, but I already see some of those up for resale. The Impact had great reviews and I have seen a few up for resale. the XP Deus is a great machine, many buy it and love it while others have a hard time learning it and additional coils are EXPENSIVE. Just know that what I have written is just my opinion on many of the machines I mentioned and have only had experience on one of them. My opinion comes from what I have read and watched from trusted members of the detecting community.

OP
OP
donj

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for you input loco-digger

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm telling everyone the same thing. Now that the Equinox has finally been released and more are becoming available, it won't be long before the reviews start pouring in. If those reviews are mostly positive, than weigh wether your a price reduced, 2nd hand machine or a brand new Equinox. I'm checking those reviews very carefully

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions