Help to choice my first metal

Levin

Mar 10, 2018
Empoli - ITALIA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all,
I would like to buy my first Metal Detector. I will use it mainly in the hilly areas near my house. I do not know if the soil in my area is very mineralized and I do not plan to use the metal on the beach. My budget is $ 350. I found some models that seem interesting to me but being inexperienced I ask you for advice not to make a mistake. These are the metal identified:
-Teknetiks Alpha 4000 pro
-White's Coinmaster pro
-Garrett Euro ACE
-Minelab Go find 60
-Minelab X earth 305
-Quest Q20
-Bounty hunter Land Star

Which one seems the best?

Thanks so much
Levin

Upvote 0

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How abot a Tesoro Mojave or vaquaero , they also have a lifetime warranty ....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or the Tesoro Cibola. I have had one for years and it does very well with a lifetime warranty.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about Teknetics Liberator.Their in sale for $219.00 (was $399.00)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello to all,
I would like to buy my first Metal Detector. I will use it mainly in the hilly areas near my house. I do not know if the soil in my area is very mineralized and I do not plan to use the metal on the beach. My budget is $ 350. I found some models that seem interesting to me but being inexperienced I ask you for advice not to make a mistake. These are the metal identified:
-Teknetiks Alpha 4000 pro
-White's Coinmaster pro
-Garrett Euro ACE
-Minelab Go find 60
-Minelab X earth 305
-Quest Q20
-Bounty hunter Land Star

Which one seems the best?

Thanks so much
Levin

From your list, I would choose the Teknetiks Alpha 4000 pro - Good Luck! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with RTR regarding the Liberator, it's the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Have you looked at any local sale sites like craigslist or any regional FB pages? Many people sell higher end machines cheap since they did not enjoy the hobby as much as they thought they would. Heck I traded my boat and trailer for an XP Deus (the boat and trailer set idle for 5 years), see if any posted are up for barter/trade.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco-Digger nailed it, when he suggested "Sales Sites" like Craigslist and local Facebook listings.
I don't think you have to buy new. There is a machine called the Equinox that is slowly being released into the field. As more and more positive reviews of this machine come in, many hobbyists are going to upgrade. That will create a glut of used machines that will be put up for sale. You can keep an eye on the Tnet Classifieds.
Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Levin: Your question was perfectly put. All the answers people gave you are correct.You might find detecting group in your area and maybe they will let you try some of the ones you mention. KNOWLEDGE of the machine you are using is important.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions