How much did you pay for your Minelab Equinox?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is safe for everyone . The dealers will not get in trouble if they are not mentioned.

Just trying to get a real gauge of an actual street price.
We all know the game dealers play with list price plus additional goodies at no cost.

This also does not violate the forum rules of mentioning dealers that are not supportive vendors since VENDOR names will not be mentioned.

Here is an example of the format:

Nox 600. $xxx.oo
Nox 800. $xxx.oo

DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR COST

Lets see see the best price..

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a retail store owner who has looked into becoming a Detector dealer i can say this. The metal detector manufacturers are selling detectors to the dealers at ridiculously high prices leaving no room to negotiate. Basically, in my eyes the only ones really making any money are the manufacturers. As a matter of fact, I see a day coming when the manufacturers will be selling directly to the public thru the internet and cutting out the dealers all together.

When you decide to purchase your detector please keep this in mind. Stores are closing left and right and people are loosing their jobs all because (I dare not pay a penny more than my neighbor for the same product)

Correct and people need to keep in mind it is the dealers that provide the support to questions like "how do I do -------." .

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a retail store owner who has looked into becoming a Detector dealer i can say this. The metal detector manufacturers are selling detectors to the dealers at ridiculously high prices leaving no room to negotiate. Basically, in my eyes the only ones really making any money are the manufacturers. As a matter of fact, I see a day coming when the manufacturers will be selling directly to the public thru the internet and cutting out the dealers all together.

When you decide to purchase your detector please keep this in mind. Stores are closing left and right and people are loosing their jobs all because (I dare not pay a penny more than my neighbor for the same product)

That’s called capitalism. I’m sorry for them however my interest is with me and my family. I’m not Mother Theresa and it’s not my job to save the metal detecting industry . My only obligation in this world is to God & Family. I can not pay $300 more for a detector that can be just as easily purchased for $300 less. I work hard for my money to give it away.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct and people need to keep in mind it is the dealers that provide the support to questions like "how do I do -------." .

I never said I was not going to buy from a dealer. I will buy from a dealer .Your statement implies I should buy from a dealer at whatever cost just because they Offer support.

There are plenty of dealers that are supporting vendors/dealers on this site that offer great prices with support vs. other supporting vendors/dealers on this site who charge list with no customer service..TRUE STORY(that I can not discuss here nor will I discuss here )

I have also obtained more support from our members then any Authorized Dealers EVER

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said I was not going to buy from a dealer. I will buy from a dealer .Your statement implies I should buy from a dealer at whatever cost just because they Offer support.

There are plenty of dealers that are supporting vendors/dealers on this site that offer great prices with support vs. other supporting vendors/dealers on this site who charge list with no customer service..TRUE STORY(that I can not discuss here nor will I discuss here )

I have also obtained more support from our members then any Authorized Dealers EVER

I never said or implied you should buy from a dealer no matter the cost or what dealer to buy from. I said people need to keep in mind it is the dealers that supply the support.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s called capitalism. I’m sorry for them however my interest is with me and my family. I’m not Mother Theresa and it’s not my job to save the metal detecting industry . My only obligation in this world is to God & Family. I can not pay $300 more for a detector that can be just as easily purchased for $300 less. I work hard for my money to give it away.

The same thing has been said about WalMart and in some areas it was a case of being "pennywise and dollar foolish". Sure it was great to pay less there instead of the corner store.......until the corner stores went out of business. Those people and their families either moved away or went on the dole. With fewer customers spending money there, the Walmart would eventually close too. It's starting to happen again because of Amazon. You're going to see a lot fewer shopping malls in the near future. Don't get me wrong, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but, it has consequences and a definite readjustment period. Some will survive, some won't.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same thing has been said about WalMart and in some areas it was a case of being "pennywise and dollar foolish". Sure it was great to pay less there instead of the corner store.......until the corner stores went out of business. Those people and their families either moved away or went on the dole. With fewer customers spending money there, the Walmart would eventually close too. It's starting to happen again because of Amazon. You're going to see a lot fewer shopping malls in the near future. Don't get me wrong, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but, it has consequences and a definite readjustment period. Some will survive, some won't.

Just left ToysRUs employees said Amazon killed their Christmas sales. They are waiting for the court ruling this Thursday to see if they have a job. 30K employees under huge stress while waiting on the Chapter 11 court ruling.
Nevertheless its still capitalism at work.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just left ToysRUs employees said Amazon killed their Christmas sales. They are waiting for the court ruling this Thursday to see if they have a job. 30K employees under huge stress while waiting on the Chapter 11 court ruling.
Nevertheless its still capitalism at work.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $800 shipped. I got it last month too :)

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$764 on the 800 and free shipping, with the Minelab Military Discount...and waiting (#5 in line)! Again....THANK YOU MINELAB!

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than military discounts you won't see much in the way of lower prices and discounts on either Equinox. The demand for them is too great and the supply scarce, so there's no incentive to nudge you the customer. I would submit that the Equinox already provides huge performance to dollar value. If anything, as we are seeing, many people are getting away with scalping the heck out of these things, particularly the 800. I think Minelab is doing itself a disservice by not outstripping 600 production by a much larger margin. It's allowing the average user tired of waiting to discover that the 600 and multi-IQ is all the machine they need. Have to imagine many would be 800 buyers are now plenty happy with their 600.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a trend starting on eBay. I heard about the price gouging on Craigslist. If people are willing to pay $1,100 and up for an Equinox 600, rather than wait, then so be it. They must think that it is a magic wand. If they wait out the 2 month delivery backlog schedule, that silver Roosevelt Dime will still be there waiting for them to find.
Yesterday I got a call from a fellow treasure hunter. He wanted my opinion on purchasing an Equinox 600 from a dealer in Arizona, on eBay. The asking price was $650.,, delivered. It sounded too good to be true. He was confident that eBay, PayPal, and his credit card company would protect him from any kind of fraud. By the time our conversation was over, someone else had purchased the detector,, lol.
Then he calls back and mentions another dealer, advertising the same deal, but this dealer is in Alaska. He purchased it. It should be delivered around April 1st.
I reminded him that April 1st, is also April Fools day. I hope all goes well with this purchase. There may be some locations across the USA, where dealers are getting the Equinox machines that they ordered for stock, but they don't have the mad rush customers that other dealers are getting. If this is the case, word of mouth about Equinox sales on eBay may help put an end to the price gouging.

Last edited:

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a trend starting on eBay. I heard about the price gouging on Craigslist. If people are willing to pay $1,100 and up for an Equinox 600, rather than wait, then so be it. They must think that it is a magic wand. If they wait out the 2 month delivery backlog schedule, that silver Roosevelt Dime will still be there waiting for them to find.
Yesterday I got a call from a fellow treasure hunter. He wanted my opinion on purchasing an Equinox 600 from a dealer in Arizona, on eBay. The asking price was $650.,, delivered. It sounded too good to be true. He was confident that eBay, PayPal, and his credit card company would protect him from any kind of fraud. By the time our conversation was over, someone else had purchased the detector,, lol.
Then he calls back and mentions another dealer, advertising the same deal, but this dealer is in Alaska. He purchased it. It should be delivered around April 1st.
I reminded him that April 1st, is also April Fools day. I hope all goes well with this purchase. There may be some locations across the USA, where dealers are getting the Equinox machines that they ordered for stock, but they don't have the mad rush customers that other dealers are getting. If this is the case, word of mouth about Equinox sales on eBay may help put an end to the price gouging.

The Equinox 600 seems to be in stock in a lot of places, now, so should be fine. It's the Equinox 800 that is still in short supply and that some early buyers are reselling for a profit on Ebay.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$930 for the 800 to my door .

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An EQ800 just sold last night on ebay for $1370 plus $20 shipping.
I guess some guy just couldn't wait!

Yeah these are the stories I don't want to hear. Really. You need to have patience with regards to keeping the price on these units where they are...hence why there doing so well. I have not seen a my lifetime seen a metal detector company drive up in price cause of demand though? Why? There is too much competition in the marketplace right now and for multi frequency machines for comparison and pricing just around the corner. Take the Makro Kruzer for instance. Minelab was smart keeping these where they were they drive the price up though it could turn the other cheeck on potential buyers I imange and JMHO.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all must have patience in our lives. I never pay more then retail for metal detectors. Each to their own.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen the one's on eBay and bid on a 600 when it was $550.00 but as soon as it started climbing in bids I decided that someone else decided they did not want to wait and I could and would not pay retail or more for used. The picture had the coil installed backward and the manual they printed out with it was for a XP Deus, oops! Against the wind, your friend that called about the 600 on eBay, I saw that and they had a picture with a display of several but it said only one remaining. Never heard of the company and would rather buy for a dealer that will service after the sale for new. $650.00 ($649.50) is the going price I had found recently. I can wait and save up more money so the wife doesn't beat me up too badly!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy one from an ebay seller in China or India for $1426. Same seller claims to have Garrett pinpointers below MAP. Be careful out there, know who you are dealing with.

Wayne

Oldhead

Mar 21, 2018
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picture the people paying those prices because they can't wait, walking a fast pace and swinging it super fast like they are trying to kill bees

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread