How much did you pay for your Minelab Equinox?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is safe for everyone . The dealers will not get in trouble if they are not mentioned.

Just trying to get a real gauge of an actual street price.
We all know the game dealers play with list price plus additional goodies at no cost.

This also does not violate the forum rules of mentioning dealers that are not supportive vendors since VENDOR names will not be mentioned.

Here is an example of the format:

Nox 600. $xxx.oo
Nox 800. $xxx.oo

DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR COST

Lets see see the best price..

Upvote 0

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Paid $649 for my EQ600 and $849 For my EQ800 Free shipping on both

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As a retail store owner who has looked into becoming a Detector dealer i can say this. The metal detector manufacturers are selling detectors to the dealers at ridiculously high prices leaving no room to negotiate. Basically, in my eyes the only ones really making any money are the manufacturers. As a matter of fact, I see a day coming when the manufacturers will be selling directly to the public thru the internet and cutting out the dealers all together.

When you decide to purchase your detector please keep this in mind. Stores are closing left and right and people are loosing their jobs all because (I dare not pay a penny more than my neighbor for the same product)
I sold metal detectors for years in the 90s i couldn`t buy straight from the big manufactures .
I had to go through a middle man....i think it still works that way ...there are a couple across the country...they get a cut !
White`s was different .
I`m gettin old this was a while ago and things change maybe this did too !
Picture 295.jpg

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold metal detectors for years in the 90s i couldn`t buy straight from the big manufactures .
I had to go through a middle man....i think it still works that way ...there are a couple across the country...they get a cut !
White`s was different .
I`m gettin old this was a while ago and things change maybe this did too !
View attachment 1577870

Yep, I remember seeing those ads! I heard that Whites changed their business model some years ago.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep, I remember seeing those ads! I heard that Whites changed their business model some years ago.
Jason
In 1991 Whites had protected areas ...only one Whites dealer in so many square miles so limited customers.
The add i posted is out of a 2013 Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine.
In 1991 Tesoro was not even at a Wholesaler place like that.
Their Two Tesoro Wholesalers one is a big Metal Detector Store in Mass. Deus repair now.
Gary

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason

The add i posted is out of a 2013 Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine.

Gary

Were you running the same ad long before 2013? It seems like I remember it a long time ago, but who knows with this memory of mine any more.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes the add is from a big wholesaler they ran the same adds in 1991 but they did not advertise or sell Tesoro and Minelab till some years later.

metalhead

Mar 24, 2012
York
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sovereign GT
Minlab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eq 600 599 to the door

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid money for both my 800 and 600. The law of supply and demand worked well if you wanted one in Feb. There were a few dealers and even private owners out there scamming some people by overpricing the Equinox. The dealers that advertise on detecting websites are all pretty darn honest and charge suggested retail. If I had waited in line for an Equinox i would still be waiting. I hunted through all the reputable dealers and found both the 800 and 600 at retail price. I been happily hunting with an Equinox for over a month now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions