Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody. I'm part of a MD buy,sell,&trade group on FB. I want to put my Minelab GoldMonster 1000 up for trade, but one of the rules of the group is you have to state an asking price, or what you would trade for. So you can't say "make offer" or "just seeing what's out there." I figured here is the place to come. I've been using a whites XLT for coins/jewelry/relics, and a White's GM2 and Fisher Goldbug2 for gold. Why these one? Because I am not a fan of silent searchers like my GM1000 and Whites GMZ. I am a HUGE fan of my XLT, and leaning towards a good coin and jewelry detector with threshold. Anybody have any opinions or knowledgeable about which MDers have threshold/not silent? Any insight would be great. I'll never retire my XLT. I have a 2nd one as well that I've debated on selling but have just held onto it. So, anything similar to the XLT, and reasonable value in comparison to a 6 mo. old minelab GM1000 would be great to hear about.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Time to learn different machines if you are coin and jewelry shooting! Minelab Equinox 600. :icon_thumright:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher F-75 has threshold in All-Metal mode but not Discrimination. I hunt that way in the woods just for variety.

OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to learn different machines if you are coin and jewelry shooting! Minelab Equinox 600. :icon_thumright:
Yeah I thought about the Equinox 600, but I think I probably have a pretty hard time getting somebody to trade one of those right now. I thought that the AT Max might be good and the equivalent of the gold monster as far as value. Any thoughts on the AT Max? I would love a equinox, but I just don't have the money for it right now and have an $800 detector that I'm already trying to trade out LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread