Macro Racer 2 or Technetics T2??

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did this earlier but it never posted for some reason so if you see it twice I apologize. Anyway, I am looking to upgrade in the next month or two. It will either be the T2 or a Macro Racer 2. I can't quite decide. I currently have a Tech. Delta with a DD coil and really like it but I'm looking for more depth and recovery speed. I mostly hunt for Civil War relics in wooded areas, parks, fields.decent soil. Not much beach hunting. Only on vacations. Both seem to be really good machines and similar in price. Any suggestions or advice to help me make my decision would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ben
I can`t tell you about the Racer i never used one did have a Nokta Relic sold it .
The T2 is a very good machine and as deep as any.... i found my Avatar Picture U.S.A. Pewter Buttons at all of 13" with my T2 LTD.
Some T2s come with 2 coils 11" and 5" DDs the new T2 + comes with One Coil 11" DD and a pin pointer ...hard choice.
The T2 any T2 kicks butt,lite in weight,great in Iron, and is as deep as the Fisher F-75 had both for 11 years off and on had to sell the last F-75.
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a lot. I was already leaning towards the T2. I have found a lot of relics, coins, bullets etc with the Delta. My youngest son is anxious to get it once I upgrade. Do you know if the Technetics pinpointer is as good as the Garret pro pinpointer?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The First Texas pin pointers Teknetics and Fisher are new to the market so i don`t know that .
Call one of our vendors they can set you straight on them.

Last edited:

valioz

Greenie
Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, today i changed my Makro Racer 2 for T2, but that decision was made impulsivly and not mandatory the right choice. If you can, try both machines and see which one is better for you. Take a look on F75+.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both great machines, I'm kind of biased so I would go with the T2 I think the build quality is better and it is so simple to set up and operate.
I had newer more expensive machines with all the bells and whistles and sold them and went back to the T2 because of how easy it is to set up.
There's not all these programs or buttons to mess with just set it and enjoy.
You don't have to max the sensitivity either and it still runs deep, once you learn this machine and get the settings down you will love it.
There's a good buy out now with the T2+ package which includes boost mode with the tekpoint pinpointer and free shipping to boot.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, i do love the Technetics i have now. Ive decided on the T2 for sure. Is it worth the extra money for the T2 SE or should I keep the extra $200.00 and just get the T2 classic?

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 SE has cache and boost mode which the classic does not.
The boost mode will help if you detect off the ground in field stubble, snow etc., also if you get an iffy signal you can put boost on to hear the tone better.
Did you check out the T2+ package $549 shipped?

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where was that? I think i saw in somewhere the other day.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found it on the Technetics website.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 SE has cache and boost mode which the classic does not.
The boost mode will help if you detect off the ground in field stubble, snow etc., also if you get an iffy signal you can put boost on to hear the tone better.
That T2+ bundle is a good deal and you get a 7 year warranty.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a quest to me! Good luck. i'd try to demo each if at all possible. I've made many detector mistakes in the past buying before trying.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a racer 2 for 18 months now and can honestly say I'm not that fond of it. It's too chatty to suit me, heck when I lay it down to dig a target and recovery it's idling in my ears like a motor with a plug wire off the whole time. The tones on 2 tone and 3 tone are o.k. but in deep mode the tone sounds too mid tone to me. Than again I prefer Whites and their tones and even VDI numbers better.

Looking for an upgrade from one of my 2 Whites machines (M6 and mx5) I was like you, thinking either T2se or racer 2. Found out a Spencer on another forum dealing in detectors lived only 65 miles from me I contacted him as I know nothing nor do I want to about online buying.

Anyway he had a racer 2 and when I met up with him and in conversation mentioned I had also thought about the T2 he told me the racer 2 was a better machine, and he could have gotten me a T2. Don't know, your call.

GL&HH
Don

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to go with the T2+ with boost mode from Metaldetector.com for $ 549. It should be here tomorrow!! I am already familiar with the Technetics and love the one i already have. It comes with a pinpointer, digging tool, bag, headphones, gloves and a few other things. I cant wait to try it out in the spot where i've been digging Civil War relics and see what i may have missed with the Delta. But i have to give the Delta credit. I have found a lot of things with it in just over a month i have found 32 civil war bullets, a bag full of modern bullets, 2 silver coins, probably 100 clad, 3 rings two of which were silver, one old copper crucifix, and a box full of "other relics". I can only imagine what i'll find with the T2 once i get the feel for it. I have found that it takes time to learn what the machine is telling you and how it reacts to different objects and environments. i will have to do the same thing again with this one.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics = quality :)!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see a head to head with these two detectors and the nox. I remember watching Bill ladd use the T2 in hunted out trashy sites for a long time, before he switched to the Makro Racer2. I think even Howard H. baiiled on his Tejon for a while and used the T2 in the really trashy sites! (That's saying something if its better in trash than a Tejon with a small coil!)
The price on both of these detectors is awesome the build quality of the T2 is solid. The Nox sold me on the waterproofing I hate wrapping a bag around my detector every time it rains.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say anything about the racer but the T2 is WICKED, especially with the 5" on!!!!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see a head to head with these two detectors and the nox. I remember watching Bill ladd use the T2 in hunted out trashy sites for a long time, before he switched to the Makro Racer2. I think even Howard H. baiiled on his Tejon for a while and used the T2 in the really trashy sites! (That's saying something if its better in trash than a Tejon with a small coil!)
The price on both of these detectors is awesome the build quality of the T2 is solid. The Nox sold me on the waterproofing I hate wrapping a bag around my detector every time it rains.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

The neo cover is awesome, only worry about the headphones. Heck we're only a few mins apart there bud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread