Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Would you stop detecting if you won the lottery?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    2992 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Would you stop detecting if you won the lottery?

Every day I pass a billboard advertisement for the lottery. Today the jackpot is somewhere around 400 million dollars. Odds are around 303 million to one that a person will win.
    Lets put this into perspective, the odds of hitting back to back hole in ones on a golf course are only 19 million to one. Pretty good odds compared to the lottery.

Anyhow, we can all dream and in my dreams I have won the lottery and have more money then I know what to do with. For me, it means I get any detector I want and I get to hire a full time staff that does nothing but secure permissions. For those pesky people that don't want to give up a permission? Lawyers will be brought in and strong arm tactics will be utilized within the legal limits of the law.

So, if you won the lottery, what would you do? Would you continue to detect and if so how would your winnings affect your detecting style? Or, would you give up detecting for a leisure life that involves other hobbies instead?
    Last edited by Ammoman; Mar 24, 2018 at 03:12 PM.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    294 times
    I would continue detecting but I would purchase every detector I ever wanted to try and then after that I would travel to every where I would like to detect and try every detector I purchased the ones I find I do not like I would give them away to people that can not afford a good detector that wants to get into this great hobby guess that would kind of make me like Elvis except with metal detectors instead of Cadillac's people that make statements like it would not change their life at all are all full of it simply because how could 400 million not change your life I would purchase every thing I ever wanted and travel to every place I ever wanted to go to

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    15238 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    oldkoot beat me to it! I was going to say no, I'd just buy more metal detectors!
    oldkoot, Ammoman and RustyGold like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero
    146 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yes, i would have to to keep busy, or end up a rich weirdo like so many do.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27771 times
    I would hunt a whole new set of beaches and fields through out the world.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    2992 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I would hunt a whole new set of beaches and fields through out the world.

Would you use a private plane to get there? I hate TSA lines and knees in the chin seating on commercial aircraft!
    Last edited by Ammoman; Mar 24, 2018 at 04:06 PM.
    clv likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Jan 2017
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    Would you use a private plane to get there? I hate TSA lines and knees in the chin seating on on commercial aircraft!

I would have to purchase a yacht because I am scared to death to fly LOL

us
    Jan 2017
    294 times
    it would also take me a lot of research to figure out where and when the areas I would like to detect don't have snow because I hate cold spend 6 months in each place and when the cold starts to hit pack up and leave to the next warm spot and do it again would have to hire a staff to do the research to keep me in only warm areas
    RustyGold, Ammoman and Molewacker like this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Minelab X-Terra70/White's 5900 Di Pro SL/Garrett ACE 250/Fisher M-Scope 1280-X/B.H. Pioneer 505
    1125 times
    Wouldn't stop..just have better equipment and farther range.

us
    Feb 2018
    Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
    Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
    542 times
    1st purchase would be a massive motorhome dragging a car and 4-wheeler. Then travel the country for multiple purposes including metal detecting.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    --- Isaac Asimov

Equinox 600, Equinox 800, ACE 300 (x2 for wife and young son), Garret Carrot, White's Ground Hawg, Minelab Pro-Find 35, ArchMage SoundClean 9 APTX LL Ears.

us
    Jan 2017
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SittingElf View Post
    1st purchase would be a massive motorhome dragging a car and 4-wheeler. Then travel the country for multiple purposes including metal detecting.
    did the motor home thing for two years there is no way I would ever do that again thought me and the wife were going to kill each other because of the cramped quarters
    lairmo, RustyGold, Ammoman and 2 others like this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Minelab X-Terra70/White's 5900 Di Pro SL/Garrett ACE 250/Fisher M-Scope 1280-X/B.H. Pioneer 505
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oldkoot View Post
    did the motor home thing for two years there is no way I would ever do that again thought me and the wife were going to kill each other because of the cramped quarters
    We've been living in an RV for a little over 2 years trying to rebuild after a house fire. I KNOW what you mean...
    oldkoot likes this.

Jul 2013
    890 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Would quit my job so I could treasure hunt full time. Buy lots of silver and gold. Get a nice custom display case built. Buy more detectors. Travel down south for the entire winter and treasure hunt different beaches. Buy a distillery in the Caribbean and brand my own rum. Treasure hunt, treasure hunt, treasure hunt, treasure hunt, have a rum, treasure hunt treasure hunt...and repeat.

us
    Aug 2012
    Farr West, utah
    Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
    1244 times
    Metal Detecting
    I wouldn't be at work on Monday that's for sure

Jan 2018
    az
    24 times
    Prospecting
    Buy a bunch of treasure. Hire staff to go hide my treasure. Hire a creative writing team to make a set of clues. Then spend my days following the clues searching for my treasure.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links