Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
** Not under warranty **

My 5x8” coil for my ATP/ATM was overly tight when put on and I guess it stretched the cored a bit from the coil and it works and does work at times. Garrett said they don’t repair coils and if within warranty will replace them. I’ve tried electrical tape and doesn’t do the trick. Any of detecting tip I should try? IMG_2550.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's under warranty, I'd just get a new one. Anything you do to fix it might void the warranty.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that case (not sure why you didn't mention that in the first place) you'd have to dig into that connection, repair the wire, then epoxy it back over. Not an easy thing to do at that spot on the coil. If you have no other coil, I'd go ahead and order a replacement while you play with this one. Always good to have a back up coil of some sort.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In that case (not sure why you didn't mention that in the first place) you'd have to dig into that connection, repair the wire, then epoxy it back over. Not an easy thing to do at that spot on the coil. If you have no other coil, I'd go ahead and order a replacement while you play with this one. Always good to have a back up coil of some sort.

I assumed when I said “within warranty they would replace it” and I wasn’t doing that, that it wasn’t under warranty. My bad. I just did some research and I bought it within 18 months and it’s covered for 24 months, so I’m sending it tomorrow. Thank you for the input cudamark

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 8 x 11 is the stock coil that comes with the AT PRO. It's a little heavier but it will hold you over until your 5 x 8 is replaced.
One thing I must say about Garrett, they really have an excellent an excellent after sales service center.
Good luck Truth

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 8 x 11 is the stock coil that comes with the AT PRO. It's a little heavier but it will hold you over until your 5 x 8 is replaced.
One thing I must say about Garrett, they really have an excellent an excellent after sales service center.
Good luck Truth

Thanks you are correct about Garrett. And guess what atw it’s working! I’ll be at my 1801 1/2 Reales spot tomorrow. Never used it there yet. Lots of canslaw in that clay, but I have to pick it fast before the house gets started and it won’t be long. They already brought in the orange dirt for the foundation. Ugggh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread