Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: If al capones gang executed you.....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    12,493
    8816 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by A#1 View Post
    .... , this is known, documented fact, not rumor or story
    .....this is drawn on a 1927 government agency map I own, so it's also a pretty solid fact
    .... Much of my story IS fact..... .
    A#1, you are falling prey to the age-old psychological trap of "separating fact from fiction".

    You are finding tid-bit 'facts' in your story. Eg.: names, dates, and events. So there's some sort of conlusion that follows in your mind. Ie.: "treasure". Right ? And if that's ever-to-be-in-doubt, you go back to the parts of the story are true, and your mind focuses on them.

    But wait: If 99% of the story is true (names, dates, and events). And 1 % isn't true (that there, is of necessity, "a treasure", then: What good does it do you that the other 99% of the story is true ?
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  2. #17
    A#1
    A#1 is offline
    us
    El Supremo!!

    Feb 2018
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Eagle Spectrum, Equinox 600, Carrot, LeTrap, Moby
    161
    169 times
    Other Peoples Trash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    A#1, you are falling prey to the age-old psychological trap of "separating fact from fiction".

    You are finding tid-bit 'facts' in your story. Eg.: names, dates, and events. So there's some sort of conlusion that follows in your mind. Ie.: "treasure". Right ? And if that's ever-to-be-in-doubt, you go back to the parts of the story are true, and your mind focuses on them.

    But wait: If 99% of the story is true (names, dates, and events). And 1 % isn't true (that there, is of necessity, "a treasure", then: What good does it do you that the other 99% of the story is true ?
    And that sir, is 100% fact

    I have too much time on my hands to drink coffee, watch it snow and have fun daydreaming about that 1% of "what if" when I finally get to go play.

  3. #18
    Charter Member
    us
    papa

    Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    2,304
    3677 times
    Metal Detecting
    Interesting story, A#1. I give it long odds for a ring on a finger bone. Good luck to you.


    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

  4. #19
    us
    Dec 2010
    98
    61 times
    Sounds like you have a site known for money, guns, and drinking. Sounds like a good combo to find something!

  5. #20
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    12,212
    15483 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    When I lived in Metro-Detroit in the late 70's to 2009, they were still searching for Hoffa.....
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

    "'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

    The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

    The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

    The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The gang of three
    By alabama11 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Aug 18, 2017, 12:01 AM
  2. Hello Gang
    By Ferrous in forum Mug Shots
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jun 06, 2008, 09:47 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0