Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would give it a few weeks, a new detector came out a few weeks ago, so I look for prices of used machines to go down

BuddhaPie

Apr 14, 2018
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Pirate- Black Pearl, Mr. Bills IDX, Modded Tesoro Conquistador Umax, Modded Tesoro Cibola w/ HOT cleansweep, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would give it a few weeks, a new detector came out a few weeks ago, so I look for prices of used machines to go down

What's the new detector? As for metal detectors, I own a nice Tesoro Conquistador Umax with ground balance mod, and a Tesoro Cibola both bought off eBay for $175 a piece. The best Tesoro for your needs would be a Lobo Super Traq, if you watch eBay closely you can find one around $300 saw one go for $280 a week or two ago, plus you can send the detector into Tesoro for $50 they will go through the machine and repair or retune it as needed... another option is the Tesoro Mojave witch is a great turn on an go detector that would do the things you want and can be bought brand new from Tesoro with a lifetime warranty for around $250. Otherwise there are plenty of other brand detectors sub $300 that would do the job as well. Whites, would be another to check out for some great detectors in your price range.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Mojave ($250), and that will leave you enough to get a finds bag; kneepads; and digger.:skullflag:

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I second the Mojave

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under $300.00 and I love it :)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
White makes a great starter machine in that price range. I believe it's a Coinmaster. Good luck and Welcome to Tnet.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's the new detector? As for metal detectors, I own a nice Tesoro Conquistador Umax with ground balance mod, and a Tesoro Cibola both bought off eBay for $175 a piece. The best Tesoro for your needs would be a Lobo Super Traq, if you watch eBay closely you can find one around $300 saw one go for $280 a week or two ago, plus you can send the detector into Tesoro for $50 they will go through the machine and repair or retune it as needed... another option is the Tesoro Mojave witch is a great turn on an go detector that would do the things you want and can be bought brand new from Tesoro with a lifetime warranty for around $250. Otherwise there are plenty of other brand detectors sub $300 that would do the job as well. Whites, would be another to check out for some great detectors in your price range.

equinox 600/800

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuddhaPie

Apr 14, 2018
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Pirate- Black Pearl, Mr. Bills IDX, Modded Tesoro Conquistador Umax, Modded Tesoro Cibola w/ HOT cleansweep, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rogueaviation

Apr 23, 2015
Grand Haven, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can get a Whites Coinmaster or a TreasureMaster for under $300 new. I have a Coinmaster that was $180 from a local dealer, and I've found lots of coins and stuff with it. It goes deep enough and you can learn all about detecting with it. Plus, you'll have enough left over for a used, or new, pinpointer and digger.

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can get a Whites Coinmaster or a TreasureMaster for under $300 new. I have a Coinmaster that was $180 from a local dealer, and I've found lots of coins and stuff with it. It goes deep enough and you can learn all about detecting with it. Plus, you'll have enough left over for a used, or new, pinpointer and digger.
An excellent suggestion.

Mdbri

Apr 8, 2018
Maryland ,next to D.C.
Detector(s) used
V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven’t bought yet, I was looking at kellyco for new spider coil they have an ad “2 for 1 detectors, I didn’t see details but if you have a friend that’s looking maybe you can combine funds and get upgrade

timpate1970

Apr 23, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the tesoro mojave tesoro is very well priced and made in the usa by hand lifetime guarantee and great customer service, the mojave was 266$ after taxes on amazon.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealers here including Kellyco and Big Boy Hobbies are selling the Mojave for $251.10 plus free shipping. I will be out soon with my new Mojave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread