Check out the new detector by Detector-Pro

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Headphones (where the electronics are) water resistant not waterproof so if you take a dunk it is toast,.02

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The price is not bad. I recently bought a HH Pulse Unit and went underwater for the first time and the headphones leaked. It no longer works properly and I hope the dealer will repair it for me. I like the MD but it is now useless.

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
thanks tony, it will be spring before I can, but I am definitely interested in one if only to detect in the rain and not worry about damaging the shadow
question I do have, are these fairly loud signaling machines? I have a hearing loss in my right ear and need equipment that is just plain loud
hh
dave+bobbie

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
If this goes along the line of the other Head Hunters , the volume is more than loud enough. I have yet to get one so I cannot say for sure but will have them soon.

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with the headhunter I along with others have had bad experience they will not honour the warranty and the earcups will leak, its an amazing idea but very poor service. I kow for a fact that once you have paid for shipping from a Foreign port more than once you will be in for a couple hundred dollars (DHL or FEDEX) and your unit will still flood. I have been so tempted to buy another but I know of three people all had the same issue and no warranty. With HH they make the issue the customers. Sad it is a great idea. They must do something about their earcups and they should repair your bicyprushunter however if its the pulse diver with black earcups it will leak again. Look at the website it admits theres an issue it says "new Improved earcups" but do they honour the predecessors? No I bet not. Great unit great possibilities just need to fix the leaks.
Cash

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony I am working offshore between Trini and other Caribbean rigs, I dive for a living. I have worked with a team of guys all commercial divers out of the Virgins Islands and Florida and in the gulf of them there are three of us who have bought the headhunter pulse diver and all three flooded, worst part for my friend and for me if I bother sending mine, is that from these islands its only good to use FEDEX or DHL to ensure it gets there safely, or if in St,Thomas you can use the postal system it can take weeks, no point, plus you go to al the effort buy the unit and never get to test it, I saw in the shipwreck side that the guy from wreckovery salvage had the same issue his headset popped open before diving so thats four and bycyprus hunter is five that three on this forum alone, so there is a problem with them. They are in their defense the best idea since sliced bread and if they get it together and can back up there warranty then I would consider another but for now no point spending 40 bucks DHL and 40 bucks to return it so it can flood again just like the friend in the Virgins he sent his back twice and it came back full of water, he was the one who told me to take a chance and buy one, regret. Anyway enough - they have a great idea it would be amazing if they made one that had some sort of external clip on the earcup this way not relying on an o-ring alone, it would not add to the bulk and it would make the seal effective, saying this maybe I will demo on mine, ok case closed, good idea good land unit probably fine for a splash but no good for a dunk. Cash

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see the technical info.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cash, you sound as if your HH units are still working. Mine works, but has lost all depth. I have absolutely no depth. I cannot pick up a quarter over 1 inch. It is useless and I have to send it back. I dont know what happened. I dried it all out inside.

If they fix for me I will use it on the beach only. I should never have gone underwater. The cups "snap" together very poorly and come apart if dropped. It is a nice beach or shallow surf machine but underwater- FORGET IT.

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are days where I give it a go but my whites works better for now, it used to have a different tone humming buzz noise when i first got it, and it was great whentesting with a coin over the coil, after it got soaked same deal cups leaked badly, it did not get the tone back,
it still finds goodies but it also get false hits, so its in the cupboard.
If they would just accept that there is a fault and stop selling them as U/W units, its bad. They should focus on the wader etc until the earcups are corrected. Cheers Cash

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cash said:
There are days where I give it a go but my whites works better for now, it used to have a different tone humming buzz noise when i first got it, and it was great whentesting with a coin over the coil, after it got soaked same deal cups leaked badly, it did not get the tone back,
it still finds goodies but it also get false hits, so its in the cupboard.
If they would just accept that there is a fault and stop selling them as U/W units, its bad. They should focus on the wader etc until the earcups are corrected. Cheers Cash
Yes, mine used to have a hunmming/buzzing noise. Now it is silent and has no depth.
I hosed it off several times with no problem and it supposed to be UW, so under I went, only for 10 minutes. >:( >:( The battery side was full of water. I flushed out the saltwater and rust. Im afraid to open the electronics side for fear of voiding the warranty. Did you get water in both sides? Did you open both sides?

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds too close dejavu - yep both sides had water first time, the guy in the Virgins same, he said exactly what you say, and they said there was nothing wrong replaced the battery attachements and sent it back he dived next day and first go 2nd time around flooded he sent it back they denied it and said it was tested with no leaks it arrived with water in the earcups at the DHL he showed me photos in DHL and wrote a letter they wont warrant it you will see, my unit was on the bunk below on blankets I went overboard from there so no bouncing as I decscended the buzz faded and then I knew - I did not bother sending it after i heard they dont honour their warranties. They will blame you no matter what, charge you for the service and it will flood again. Sorry man, good unit but not for underwater. And no on mine I never bothered to open the electronic side I figured it was fried like a cellphone, I was so pissed at the time if I had a hammer it would have found a mark, a waste of money. Good luck, Cash

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
At this point I dont care if it leaks. I just would like it to work on the beach. Is that asking too much from any MD dealer under a 2 year warranty?... Stay tuned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread