Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, thanks to all who listened and responded to my constant questions about which hole I should pour money for a new MD. I finally bit the bullet this afternoon, drove to my local shop in Durham, NC, and plunked down some dollars for an Equinox 600. It is sitting in the corner charging up as I am typing this.

I thought about buying on-line but all the sources I found on-line did not have any in stock and, when I called, the usual response was, "Nope, don't have them and don't know when they will be coming in." Well, after all my lollygagging around, I decided it would be better to shop locally anyway, thence, the short trip to the Bull City.

As soon as it has a bit of a charge on it, I'm going to hit a local park and see what I can drag out of the tot lot. From what I've been told, gold will be jumping into my bag. I just hope I have the strength to haul it all home.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and, Big Silver & Gold with your NOX! :headbang:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've heard "park 2" is what you want and use the factory set up at first.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s great that you went and found one locally. Helps the local dealer and you get it today.
Best of luck with the new Equinox!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Park 1 is a bit deeper or so I been told and park 2 is better for jewelry supposedly. To be truthful I can't find much difference in either. I use both. Park 2 seems to run quieter for me but that could be because I have different settings on park 1.
I run park 1 more open.

OP
OP
S

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s great that you went and found one locally. Helps the local dealer and you get it today.
Best of luck with the new Equinox!

With North Carolina’s tax structure, I could have saved about $48 by buying on-line but I am a big believer in shopping locally whenever I can. In addition to getting the machine quicker, I supported a small businessman, got lots of good info on local areas to detect, and made a new friend.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stringtyer, Congrat's to you on the purchase of the new Equinox 600. Here's wishing you many finds with it. Best of Luck to you on the maiden voyage with the Nox 600. Now you may have to buy a hewge' truck to haul home all your found treasure. Keep us posted if you will on how your hunt went and what your thoughts are on the new Equinox. I like many others have been watching a lot of reviews and videos on the new Minelab. Calabash Digger has a lot of informative reviews on the Nox if you haven't already seen them. I am possibly considering one in the future. Again, Best of Luck to you.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the EQUINOX 600.
Start in the stock programs and go slow
Learn the machine by taking your time.
Log a hundred hours on the machine and keep a record of each hunt. Gradually, as you learn your machine, you will see an improvement in target identification.

OP
OP
S

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit that it is difficult to be slow and methodical with my new toy (as my wife calls it). I've gotten over the puppy stage and am working toward really learning the machine. Being the good nerd that I am, I have developed a spreadsheet to record my findings so I can have a good record and can develop a sense of what I am seeing when I get a target hit. As I get a few hunts under my belt, I will try to post my findings. Maybe the efforts of this newbie can help a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread