War Of 1812 Buttons: The Best I’ve Ever Seen!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not find these, so don’t bother congratulating me.

I went down to the SC Low Country on Friday to meet a TNet guy, for a hunt. We both brought some of our finds, to show each other, and brag. I ended up NOT bragging at all because the stuff he had was so over the top, it made my finds look like they came out of a bubble gum machine! Humbled.

I managed to get these pics of some of his War Of 1812 buttons. I was just blown away, and thought that you all might like to see them too.

671C6091-C0CA-4DD7-8C30-61DEC3C2E60D.jpeg D44DB1E6-0407-41B5-A3B5-3C288C4E2828.jpeg

IMO, this was the pick of the litter. It has almost all of it’s gilt.

F505FD7F-F2AF-4EC0-BB28-7EA87F945EFF.jpeg

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Those buttons are awesome!
Top shelf in any collection.
Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow!!! Those buttons are awesome!
Top shelf in any collection.
Thanks for sharing.

That’s what I thought too. Man they were smooth and unchipped. He had all sorts of killer stuff. Maybe he will post sometime. Super nice guy, but he doesn’t have a hunting camp...

hiyall

May 1, 2018
indiana, united states
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 150, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the city i am living in now was founded after or during the 1812 war. there is a spot where a fort was erected. it was called Fort Harrison. unfortunately, modern times folk built a golf course where the fort was and the building/office sits where the fort sat. the army was heading north to meet up to another fort i believe. just north of the office is a wooded area untouched by the course. im going to detect there here soon. hopefully i can find some good things there. the war here involved Indians who got supplies from the British. The white man (i forget where they were from so i will just call them white man like the Indians did) set up a fort called Fort Harrison and the Indians did not like someone coming in and taking their land. the white man fought the Indians who had a number of over 500 people against 53 white man soldiers held up in the fort. the Indians retreated and the white man won. the land im living on now is stolen from the Indians and is considered to be the first land victory in the 1812 war

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That non corrosive SC dirt makes a lot of difference for relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread