One year hiatus , now I have the itch worse than ever . Advice needed

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little background on myself before I ask my question. I have been detecting for over 8 years and owned a Whites MXT Pro, Etrac and a CTX 3030 which was my last detector. I loved the CTX , and found many rings and old silver with it but the weight was more than my shoulder wanted. I tried using the pro swing 45 but just didn't care for it. So after hanging it up for a while I have the itch to get back at it again hence my question for everyone .

Most of my hunting is old home sites , lots of iron and junk in the ground as well as my yearly one week vacation to the beach.
If it wasn't for my wet sand/water hunting in saltwater the Deus would be my next purchase but I want stability in the saltwater.
So its looking like I will either purchase the Equinox 600 or the Makro Multi Kruzer (which I think is stable in saltwater ?? ). Or join the waitlist on the Equinox 800 ?

If its worth waiting for the 800 I can do that , but if the 600 or Multi Kruzer would fit the bill I could be swinging quicker.
Just after coming from a few flagship detectors , I want to be sure I am making the right decision.

Thanks

Upvote 0

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you plan on using the machine to nugget hunt, I would go with the Equinox 600. The weight is next to nothing and the cost is very low also. Only downside is the waterproof headphones are still a few weeks from being released.

Full disclosure.....I have no experience with the MMK and I just finished my 1st hunt with the Equinox 800.

My only complaint with the Equinox is the lack of a printed user manual. My printer, at home, won't print 2-sided and the cheapest price I have been quoted so far is $28 (Staples).

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really see myself exclusively prospecting for gold.
So does the 600 run the same frequencies in multi mode as the 800 ?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Equinox will be better in salt water than the Makro because the Nox is full time multifrequency vs. single selectable frequencies for the Kruzer. If you can afford the extra cost and are willing to wait (or get lucky), I'd get the 800. It's not only the extra individually selectable frequencies being the difference over the 600, there are lots of other settings available on the 800 that are not on the 600. (nor are they upgradable in the future) You also get the wireless headphone option with the 800.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’d get the 800 for all the extras it has to offer for not much more. Also there’s a military discount if you were in the service. That should help with the price. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
M

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will admit the 800 looks interesting after watching a few hours of YouTube. Anyones guess if one was to get on a wait list this week what kind of time frame your looking at?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
800 is a no brainer IMO vs the 600. The wireless setup alone is worth the extra money.....not even counting the actual extra features the 600 doesn't have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread