The Bling Sting! We all get it but what do we do with it?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many times have you put your coil over a target, looked down and saw the glint of gold just under the grass? A fresh drop not yet covered by the dirt but mostly out of view by everyone without a coil.

Lately I have been teased and re-teased and teased again by some very shiny things.

Until I found the real thing a few days ago, this is what I have found over the past 2 months.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I call it the bling sting! A sudden heart pounding realization that what you just found is nothing more than junk.

Does the bling sting keep you going or discourage you? Do you keep your bling or trash it?

Do you have pictures of your bling? Feel free to post them here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Hahaha, I don't think I'll ever be able to call it anything else again.

Mine is sitting in a pile. It generally keeps me going. Junk jewelry is a sign of people and eventually they will have lost something real.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, I don't think I'll ever be able to call it anything else again.

Mine is sitting in a pile. It generally keeps me going. Junk jewelry is a sign of people and eventually they will have lost something real.

LOL yea it keeps me going as well. Just like you....i never give up!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what you get for digging the Panda! You have experienced the high, now it's bling hangover time.

I see a lot of bling and foil in your future sir. However, I suspect the memory of the Panda will keep you at it fast and furiously.

Best of luck to you sir, and yeah, I'm still jealous of that coin ring.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tom:icon_thumright: I do indeed love that ring! I found lots of rings back in the 80's but took a break from detecting until a couple years ago. Until now the panda ring is my first gold in at least 3 decades. I think it makes up for all that lost time!
I guess its back to picking up the junk for a while.:occasion14:

johnwon2

Jun 21, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark & Equinox-800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a great name for it. My 11 year old son and I do this hobby for nothing more than the quality time and the thrill of the hunt. We have a set of glass jars that we put the finds in. He loves to tell his friends about them and show them off even if a lit of it is worthless. Mostly we coin shoot at the beach where this happens a lot with fresh drops, but I just got permission for 5 acres on the river where generations of houses have been build and torn down... I hope for some of that there too to keep him engaged as we grid it off and work it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread