Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only about 2 hours on my new EQ-600 and am learning as much about it as I can. I've started some tests with known quantities (coins, jewelry, etc.) but, today I took a break from the learning curve and hit the beach. I went to Holden Beach, NC to do some work for a friend. As the task only took about an hour and I had driven for 3 hours to get there, I decided to hit the beach for a quick look around.

I have to admit that the small section of beach that I searched (low to high tide lines x 250') was the cleanest place I've ever seen. The only thing I discovered during my search is that a signal of 5 on the EQ-600 means aluminum. I must have found 50 pieces of aluminum beer cans that look like they had been through a lawn mower. The machine will find them to some depth. I can't wait to get back to the beach for a few days at the end of the month so I can get some more search time.

In addition to metal detecting, I am working on my family history (genealogy). On the way home, I stopped by an old Presbyterian church where many of my ancestors are buried in order to get pictures of their tombstones for my records. The church is near the Averasboro Battle Ground in North Carolina. When leaving the church, I stopped at a house, told the lady there of my connection with the place, and asked if I could search their fields. She said, "You can dig around the field but all you want but all anyone has ever gotten out of there is a bunch of old bullets and some buttons". She also told me that they were going to turn the field in two weeks to get ready to plant cotton. I know where I'm going in two weeks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread