Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Lets talk knee pads

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2012
    Florida
    Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign (original), Fisher 1280-X, Garrett Master Hunter BFO, Aquapulse.
    10 times
    Metal Detecting

Let's talk knee pads

Yep, knee pads. What brand do YOU use, why do you like 'em, and where did you get 'em.

us
    Ryan

Nov 2017
    Wisconsin
    ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
    627 times
    Metal Detecting
    Paid 9.99 for mine at farm and fleet. Bucket boss brand. All foam, well built, priced well, good velcro. What's not to love?
    against the wind likes this.
    From Wisconsin, Iowa, or Minnesota? Join the group:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gr...s-iowa-mn.html

us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    AT Pro, Fisher F75 Limited, White M6, Lesche hand digger,Lesche Predator shovel.NEL Storm and Tornado coils.
    1016 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Mine are the rubber ones that kinda fold with the knee cap. Can't say the brand. Go um at the opposite of up's.
    Words not spoken never have to be defended

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave; Lobo Super Traq; Bandido -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    17188 times
    Metal Detecting

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan.
    XP Deus Minelab E-trac...Garrett AT Pro... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle Samson digging tools
    1972 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Very nice knee pads, I have almost the same thing. While they save on the knees, and the jeans, I find them a pain if I am doing a lot of walking, like relic hunting plowed fields or in the woods. Would love to use them but just cant stand them sliding down, or so tight they are uncomfortable, so they sit in the duffel bag in the Jeep. I think they got used three times......for a short while. Hence all my jeans have one knee wore out. Just not for me
    1844 Canadian Half Cent 1859 Canadian Large Cent 2- 1864 U.S. 2 Cent Piece 1858 Seated Half Dime 1875 Seated Half Dollar 1865 Fatty IH Eagle I button Frisbie's Civil War Store Token

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Equinox 600 Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730 Lesche 18" and 30" shovel's 4 fried chickens and a coke. And some dry white toast.
    2722 times
    Just got these about 3 weeks ago. There a little pricey, but there as advertised. Sometimes forget I'm wearing them. And they stay put!Name:  51uiJhuBR1L._SY90_.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  2.8 KBhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008217B1U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

us
    Goat Whisperer

Jun 2016
    Vancouver WA
    ◄ Minelab CTX 3030 ◄ XP Deus ◄ Garrett AT Pro
    35 times
    i get mine at home depot, 9.99 nylon with foam knee padding, light weight, wide velcro strap and they provide some water resist in wet grass, the hard shell ones are uncomfortable on long hunts these are comfortable, cheap and so far have lasted 2 years....
    CoilyGirl likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    7124 times
    I don't even know what brand mine are. I bought them at a local True-Value hardware. Hard plastic shell with padding and elastic bands that snap on and off.

us
    Jul 2017
    Cary, NC
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    98 times
    I have a garden kneeling pad that I have tied to my digging belt. I have a carabiner on the belt that I clip the pad to when I'm walking. It does a good job without binding on my legs or constantly slipping down.
    basssmann likes this.
    ---------------------
    Each day we get another trip around the circle;
    let's make this one better than the last.

us
    Mar 2017
    Center of North America
    Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett AT Gold- Nel Attack coil. Garrett Carrot
    436 times
    I use KneelOn knee pads from wildflower seed & tool co. They are a foam pad, light, waterproof, comfortable, and high quality. I can go for hours without having to adjust them. There is another brand that's similar named Cate's. I had originally bought a pair that looked like these but were cheap and they did not last long at all until the foam wore down and velcro did not stick well.

us
    Jul 2017
    Cary, NC
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    98 times
    I have a garden kneeling pad that I have tied to my digging belt. I have a carabiner on the belt that I clip the pad to when I'm walking. It does a good job without binding on my legs or constantly slipping down.
    ---------------------
    Each day we get another trip around the circle;
    let's make this one better than the last.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2012
    Florida
    Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign (original), Fisher 1280-X, Garrett Master Hunter BFO, Aquapulse.
    10 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow....Lot's of great replies! Thanks guys. Nothing I hate worse than kneeling down on a rock or stick.
    I'll be checking out some of these models soon. The "slipping-down" thing is my biggest bugbear.
    Jason in Enid likes this.

us
    PEOPLE ASSUME WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Feb 2008
    Never Know I May Live Next To You!
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    335 times
    As Digger posted, you can't go wrong with military knee pads. Definitely worth the money because they are made for soldiers that are on the battlefield who have to take a quick elbow or knee to the ground!
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    711 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I use my knees and don't worry about the aggravation of knee pads.. I go as light as possible. If I can't carry it in my pocket then it don't go..

I see guys with harnesses, pouches, knee pads and ammo belts for accessories etc and can barely walk with all the crap. I go out everyday and drop to my knees anywhere from 30 - 50 times everyday. When finished I walk back to my truck, brush off my knees and head home.

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    4766 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    I’m a girl therefore I have skinny little knees. Mine I got at Home Depot,they were on the smaller side,were cheap as dirt( pun intended) and they are padded and Velcro in the back.
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

“Fancy some lemonade Lance?” - Sheila

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links