Let's talk knee pads

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Paid 9.99 for mine at farm and fleet. Bucket boss brand. All foam, well built, priced well, good velcro. What's not to love?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mine are the rubber ones that kinda fold with the knee cap. Can't say the brand. Go um at the opposite of up's.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very nice knee pads, I have almost the same thing. While they save on the knees, and the jeans, I find them a pain if I am doing a lot of walking, like relic hunting plowed fields or in the woods. Would love to use them but just cant stand them sliding down, or so tight they are uncomfortable, so they sit in the duffel bag in the Jeep. I think they got used three times......for a short while. Hence all my jeans have one knee wore out. Just not for me

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got these about 3 weeks ago. There a little pricey, but there as advertised. Sometimes forget I'm wearing them. And they stay put! 51uiJhuBR1L._SY90_.jpg https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008217B1U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
◄ Minelab CTX 3030
◄ XP Deus
◄ Minelab Equinox 800
◄ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i get mine at home depot, 9.99 nylon with foam knee padding, light weight, wide velcro strap and they provide some water resist in wet grass, the hard shell ones are uncomfortable on long hunts these are comfortable, cheap and so far have lasted 2 years....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even know what brand mine are. I bought them at a local True-Value hardware. Hard plastic shell with padding and elastic bands that snap on and off.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a garden kneeling pad that I have tied to my digging belt. I have a carabiner on the belt that I clip the pad to when I'm walking. It does a good job without binding on my legs or constantly slipping down.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use KneelOn knee pads from wildflower seed & tool co. They are a foam pad, light, waterproof, comfortable, and high quality. I can go for hours without having to adjust them. There is another brand that's similar named Cate's. I had originally bought a pair that looked like these but were cheap and they did not last long at all until the foam wore down and velcro did not stick well.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a garden kneeling pad that I have tied to my digging belt. I have a carabiner on the belt that I clip the pad to when I'm walking. It does a good job without binding on my legs or constantly slipping down.

OP
OP
P

pyrogort

Jan 19, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign (original),
Fisher 1280-X, Garrett Master Hunter BFO,
Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow....Lot's of great replies! Thanks guys. Nothing I hate worse than kneeling down on a rock or stick.
I'll be checking out some of these models soon. The "slipping-down" thing is my biggest bugbear.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Digger posted, you can't go wrong with military knee pads. Definitely worth the money because they are made for soldiers that are on the battlefield who have to take a quick elbow or knee to the ground!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my knees and don't worry about the aggravation of knee pads.. I go as light as possible. If I can't carry it in my pocket then it don't go..

I see guys with harnesses, pouches, knee pads and ammo belts for accessories etc and can barely walk with all the crap. I go out everyday and drop to my knees anywhere from 30 - 50 times everyday. When finished I walk back to my truck, brush off my knees and head home.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m a girl therefore I have skinny little knees. Mine I got at Home Depot,they were on the smaller side,were cheap as dirt( pun intended) and they are padded and Velcro in the back.

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had thought about getting knee pads sewn inside a pair of pants to see how that would work out. The idea seems like it would work. I'm 40 and my knees hold up well, but I noticed 3-4 days out in a row, they do start to feel it.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go to ace hardware and get the ones with GREY colored front creased pads that FLEX at the knee and are longer past the middle of your knee and fasten with 3 holed stretch straps top and bottom of knee pad, I have had mine for almost 10 years. ONLY use them for detecting SUPER easy to clean soft sponge on our OLD knees going up and down. THE 3 holes are for how tight you want them around the back of knee. THEY are the best for hard anything under your knee!!!!!! HH.

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
https://www.pricefalls.com/product/...uypyo_jxgJWuANnRoCKg4QAvD_BwE&ad=184562079987

I have something similar to this. I cut the handle part off to small/square it up, burned a hole through a corner about 1.5 inches in from either side, used plastic tubing to make a tied LOOP through the new hole, and simply hang it over my screwdriver/pinpointer. I don't care for knee pads either. I hit a target, I unhook it, drop it on the ground and dig.... knee pad.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread