5 Blisters and a Iphone 6

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So yesterday I learned something interesting. Took a trip with my parents and decided to test out my moms Garrett I 250. I know its not a professional unit but it was still a nice tool. Off I went sweeping my 5 gen grandparents land hoping to find that one and only treasure that would allow me to retire...LOL Half way out the unit starts showing signs of copper and silver, BAM I KNEW IT so a diggin i go.. nothing.. over and over again this happens.. Eventually after 4 hours and blood coming from blisters on my digging hand I stopped and looked back only to notice my land looked like a golfer had a field day with divets. So I pulled out my IPhone from my pocket to take a picture when the unit went NUTS. At that point I learned what had happened.. well that and realizing I was wearing steal toed shoes.. SO just a heads up.. watch them smart phones.???

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another thing, Do not wear your wedding band. My brother-in-law on his 1st hunt was swinging handfuls of dirt in front of the coil looking for the target his machine hit on. Every handful gave him a mid tone and yet no metal objects in the dirt.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoops! 😱

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing, Do not wear your wedding band. My brother-in-law on his 1st hunt was swinging handfuls of dirt in front of the coil looking for the target his machine hit on. Every handful gave him a mid tone and yet no metal objects in the dirt.

I made the wedding ring discovery pin-pointing.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few pairs of shoes that contain no metal in them. I also have issues with even a digger or pinpointer on my hip, so I now use my pouch like a purse. Keeps those items up close to my chest. May get a vest. I can say you will find stuff with your never give up attitude.

OP
OP
s2ndjetli

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good advice, I WILL try it. It is discouraging when half a day is gone and all you have found is a roofing nail..lol Live and learn..

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"" I stopped and looked back only to notice my land looked like a golfer had a field day with divets""

Someone needs to practice digging a proper plug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread